Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I might be beating a dead horse here, but how do you actually remove the license plate brackets? I took a drill with a stripped bolt head remover bit to the 2 rivets that is holding the bracket to the bumper and its just spinning and spinning, not going anywhere. Can someone share in detail how they got it off? thanks:cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I drilled mine out. I used about 3 different size bits. I started small to get the hole started and gradually stepped up until they fell out. If you try to use a large bit from the start the bit grabs to much metal and spins the rivet. After the rivet were popped out you still have to carefully pull and wiggle the bracket off. The way it is designed there are hooks that grab the back side of the grille. I could not get behind the grille to remove them so it was a slow and steady game of wiggle and pull. Once it was off I used plugs to fill the holes. Not as clean as a no drilled bumper, but I like it better than a tag.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for the post Wheelhopper. I performed a holderectomy this weekend following your methods.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When you get pulled over for no tag don't tell 'em I told you how. BTW, how many economy cars does one person need? Looks like you have an example of every Civic made in 1991.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you get pulled over for no tag don't tell 'em I told you how. BTW, how many economy cars does one person need? Looks like you have an example of every Civic made in 1991.
My neighbor is a VSP segerant, I washed my car yesterday with no front plate and he commented on how nice it looks in black, he might be Ford biased, he rocks a badass SHO lol. I know VA requires a front plate, I have never had any problems or been hassled for having a car without one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
My state doesn't require a front plate, so we're good.

·
Registered
556 Posts
BTW, how many economy cars does one person need? Looks like you have an example of every Civic made in 1991.
LOL, I missed this part when I replied earlier.

The only one I'm missing is a '91 Civic EX Sedan...and I always have my eye out for one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would love to get rid of my front plate. I've always gone by the rule that none of the police pay attention to it unless they're (1) a dick or (2) having a ****** day. I've been running no-frontplates for 10+ years without issues until I was finally caught in my S2000 two months ago by an officer who sounded like he was having a ****** day working a Sunday morning. "You're running custom plates, I know you have two of them, where's the other one?" Unbelievable.... 2 years ago I was laser'd doing 80 in a 70 just outside of a small town. The highway patrol was totally cool about it; course I told him I was waiting for the front plate bracket to come in. =P Gave me a warning for both. Win some, lose some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts