Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got the works done yesterday and at 15k miles the dealer says the front pads are 3.5mm and rear are 5mm. How are people getting well over 20k is surprising. Im not a lead foot, i dont track or autox and I engine brake often. I purposely try not to use my brakes often by keeping my distance from vehicles in front of me and lightly braking when I do.
Are your brakes dragging

·
Registered
68 Posts
Our 2014 FiST is at 29k miles and the brakes were starting to grind. The outer pad had 2mm left or so and the rear pad was toast and grinding on the backing plate. The rotors are under the 21mm minimum mark for turning so I'm having to find replacements for those as well which has been a royal PITA. My wife and I are looking for slightly less aggressive pads since the OEM dust eats into the wheel coating. It's funny how we're both avid autocrossers and we're asking for less aggressive pads; we feel the OEM ones have a bit too much bite for our preference.

spike_pads_1.jpg spike_pads_2.jpg spike_pads_3.jpg spike_pads_4.jpg

·
Registered
174 Posts
EBC has rotors and pads at fairly reasonable prices. I blew out a set of pads at Harris Hill (x2-3) and a day at CotA (in the rain). On the second OEM set with the same rotors (getting low) and now my rears are toast. <sigh> hahaha

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm at 33k miles and my pads are probably toast by now. Lots of city driving, with daily traffic. Brakes are starting to grind, and I can feel it in the brake pedal when coming close to a stop.
Is everyone replacing just their pads, or pads and rotors too? I'm thinking of replacing mine with OEM or Hawk pads. Suggestions? I plan on tracking the car soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
75k and need a change. not grinding yet, though. my commute is 123 miles aday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had to replace front pads and rotors at about 21K, rears at 20% still

·
Registered
31 Posts
just replaced front pads/rotors at 20,500 miles. no racing, no auto-x, just city/highway miles. the rotors were seriously grooved with a huge lip. the pads were near the backing plate and they don't have any squeal indicators so its best to replace them before you start to grind into the backing plate.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Replaced my pads with aftermarket brand but used stock rotors to save time as it was easier since I had already purchased them the first time. It's probably coming up again soon though so I may switch rotors if it is in budget at the time.

I do kinda miss the nice grippy stops now though...just not enough to switch back to stock.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 FiST with 50k miles, mostly highway driven. I'm about to change my brake pads and rotors for the first time.

I only use this car for normal street driving (no motorsports) so the brakes aren't used hard.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts