Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that ordered your car, how long did you have to wait? I ordered mine July the freaking third and still don't have it.I I'm sick of driving an automatic everyday. Is it that much to ask for my car:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ordered a 2015 Molten Orange/Orange on July 26th. Got a VIN this week with an ETA of 9/22. I'll post here as I get more info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my vin last week, how did you get an eta? Is there a way to track the build?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got my vin last week, how did you get an eta? Is there a way to track the build?
Dealer provided me the ETA when they passed along the VIN number. There is also a tracking link at the top of this forum, In my case the VIN does give the correct build info but no specific build day yet...
Hey guys,

If you send me your VIN via private message, I can track your orders. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you ever order a car custom-built from the factory, expect a loooooong wait. 4 months is what they had mine pegged at when I considered it...but 4 months is forever when you're waiting for a car this good and your current ride is falling apart on you. But if you're patient you'll get exactly what you want, won't have to worry about paying for an unnecessary moonroof that all the dealers try to include to get extra $$$

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you ever order a car custom-built from the factory, expect a loooooong wait. 4 months is what they had mine pegged at when I considered it...but 4 months is forever when you're waiting for a car this good and your current ride is falling apart on you. But if you're patient you'll get exactly what you want, won't have to worry about paying for an unnecessary moonroof that all the dealers try to include to get extra $$$
No worries on my part. When I placed my order there were no more 2014s in the area and I wasn't in a huge hurry. It would be nice to have gotten it the week before (week of Sept 15th) as I probably would have road-tripped it to Chicago on the 17th but even that's not a deal-breaker.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had to wait 3 months.
Well... Meagan here was fantastic with her update and information, but her ETA differed from the dealer's by almost 5 weeks (Late October). When I reached out about this got an "Oh, this must have just been updated" reply.

Won't go into all the other little dealership oddities here but so far I'm somewhat unimpressed with the Dealership experience....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could be worse. Mine's falling apart too, but I'm nowhere near even being able to purchase yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Meagan. When I place my order in December for a 15' ST, would you tell whom ever is building the car to please take their time? If it takes 4 months so be it , I would rather take ownership of the car knowing it was carefully pieced together then having it built on say a Friday when everyone is trying to cut out early lol!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well... Meagan here was fantastic with her update and information, but her ETA differed from the dealer's by almost 5 weeks (Late October). When I reached out about this got an "Oh, this must have just been updated" reply.

Won't go into all the other little dealership oddities here but so far I'm somewhat unimpressed with the Dealership experience....
Thanks for the shout out!

Hey Meagan. When I place my order in December for a 15' ST, would you tell whom ever is building the car to please take their time? If it takes 4 months so be it , I would rather take ownership of the car knowing it was carefully pieced together then having it built on say a Friday when everyone is trying to cut out early lol!

Hi there!

December's still a way off, but all builds take the amount of time they need. I don't think I can have them adjust it. ;) Also, pretty sure this is the first time someone's said "slow it down" versus "speed it up." :D

Meagan

·
Registered
96 Posts

Window Sticker is active/downloadable as of today so I'm getting closer...

·
Registered
33 Posts
NoRomBasic, I think our cars might be buddies on their journey to the North. I ordered August 2nd, Meagan told me ETA of October 26 to Wisconsin, but no window sticker available to me yet as of today. I'm hoping mine will activate tomorrow or within the week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
NoRomBasic, I think our cars might be buddies on their journey to the North. I ordered August 2nd, Meagan told me ETA of October 26 to Wisconsin, but no window sticker available to me yet as of today. I'm hoping mine will activate tomorrow or within the week.
Could be. ;)

I was pleasantly surprised to see a hit when I ran the Window Sticker link on Monday. No manufacture date set yet but the sticker does match what I asked for so that was a bit of a relief. Looking forward to seeing the next step in the process.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No sticker available for me yet... Unfortunate that we ordered a week apart and my window sticker is taking 1+ week longer than yours. Did you get a build date through ETIS yet? I noticed a lot of the autotrader VINs have sticker and build date 8 days apart, which is right where you are.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts