Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds about right.

Ordered mine on July 26th, was built on Sept 9th, did have an ETA of October 7th, but now it is past-due. Dealer gave me 3 new ETA's in the last week (Oct 20th, 27th, and 17th, in that order) so at this point it is really a wait-and-see process.

Again, Meagan has been great though.

- Michael
That's really unfortunate, I was under the assumption you had received it a while ago so I didn't ask you about it. Have you had any contact with the dealer recently? I've taken to calling the sales manager directly and getting information from him. He just emailed me that my car has an estimated delivery between tomorrow and Tuesday, although CSX tells me that it's still constructively placed so I'm leaning more towards midweek. Also ran into issues with my railcar having mechanical failure in Memphis and sat for a few days. I would assume something similar happened to yours given the delay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's really unfortunate, I was under the assumption you had received it a while ago so I didn't ask you about it. Have you had any contact with the dealer recently? I've taken to calling the sales manager directly and getting information from him. He just emailed me that my car has an estimated delivery between tomorrow and Tuesday, although CSX tells me that it's still constructively placed so I'm leaning more towards midweek. Also ran into issues with my railcar having mechanical failure in Memphis and sat for a few days. I would assume something similar happened to yours given the delay.
I actually physically went to the Dealer on Saturday and was able to get someone other than the person who placed my order (being the weekend) as he has been completely unpredictable when it comes to ETA's (he was the one that gave me the 20th and 27th as ETAs in the space of 48 hours). That person was able to pull up the spreadsheet they had printed which showed an ETA of the 17th (today) but he did say that there have been rail delays with a lot of their product (which, unfortunately is probably true). I'm hoping that I'm getting close to the big moment as I kind of promised my Wife a road-trip to a Chicago Wedding on the 24th.

I was pretty annoyed last week but at this point I've chosen to be philosophical about it. ;)

- Michael

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually physically went to the Dealer on Saturday and was able to get someone other than the person who placed my order (being the weekend) as he has been completely unpredictable when it comes to ETA's (he was the one that gave me the 20th and 27th as ETAs in the space of 48 hours). That person was able to pull up the spreadsheet they had printed which showed an ETA of the 17th (today) but he did say that there have been rail delays with a lot of their product (which, unfortunately is probably true). I'm hoping that I'm getting close to the big moment as I kind of promised my Wife a road-trip to a Chicago Wedding on the 24th.

I was pretty annoyed last week but at this point I've chosen to be philosophical about it. ;)

- Michael
I would assume Chicago is a relatively heavy bottleneck, my car is currently constructively placed there also. I believe it'll be unloaded and trucked up to Wisconsin from there. Hope you get yours before your roadtrip, would be a great period for break-in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got an email from the sales manager this morning stating the car is off the train waiting to be loaded to a truck, and let me know that the ETA has been changed from 10/18-10/21 to 10/23-10/29... More waiting now. It's too bad, I was really anxious to get my hands on it this week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got an email from the sales manager this morning stating the car is off the train waiting to be loaded to a truck, and let me know that the ETA has been changed from 10/18-10/21 to 10/23-10/29... More waiting now. It's too bad, I was really anxious to get my hands on it this week.
Service Manager called today. It's finally arrived!

I'll be picking it up tomorrow, will post a pic when I get a chance

- Michael

·
Registered
30 Posts
My order was placed Sept 2, manufacture date is November 30th, expected arrival Dec. 30th (depending on the rail), so about 16 weeks for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
congrats that's looks like race red. Love the color, I ordered one just like.
Waiting is getting harder each week
Molten Orange actually. One of things I'm already liking about the color is that it does shift a bit from a Deep Red to an almost Sunkist Orange depending on how the light hits it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats FiSTer and welcome to the club!!! I bet it was worth the wait?
Really only had a chance to do about 20 miles of mixed driving this evening but at an emotional level it reminds me so much of my '85 MKII Golf. That car was a as lean as you could buy in those days, 5 speed stick, no power options of any kind, no A/C, nothing to rob power off the motor. I put almost 200k on that thing and right up to end it was a kick to drive. This car is about 3 orders of magnitude more sophisticated but I already find myself having the same evil thoughts when driving it.

I could be in real trouble here... ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pushed back to 10/31 per Meagan's info... I feel like the sales manager has been increasingly less responsive over the past week. Starting to get a bit frustrated with the long wait.. It's about 3-4 hours from me but will be sitting in the railyard for loading for close to 2 weeks (if there are no more delays).... It doesn't help that I currently have no car at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pushed back to 10/31 per Meagan's info... I feel like the sales manager has been increasingly less responsive over the past week. Starting to get a bit frustrated with the long wait.. It's about 3-4 hours from me but will be sitting in the railyard for loading for close to 2 weeks (if there are no more delays).... It doesn't help that I currently have no car at all.
Definitely feel for you. When I placed my order and made the decision to sell my Ridgeline it looked like I'd be without a car for just 6 weeks based on the order and dealer feedback. Turned out to be almost exactly 100 days. Living downtown means it wasn't a horrible experience but I'm happy to have wheels again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sales manager just emailed me... Car just arrived and is going through the system now. He says he might have it ready for pickup tonight. It's finally over!
Post Pics of course!

Congrats and prepared to be noticed. I actually was hotly pursued on the Dan Ryan while coming back from a road trip by a FoST just so he could give me a thumbs up. wasn't the only time someone tried to get a closer look this weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's a picture of her sleeping for the night in my apartment's garage. I picked her up and went for a drive... It arrived with 10 miles and I put an extra 100 on it just tonight. I will say, it's very hard following the break-in procedure from pelotonracer2... Got through the first 100 miles, now trying to break it in fully within 2 weeks when I have a buddy flying in so we can experience the full force of the car.

20141027_221422.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here's a picture of her sleeping for the night in my apartment's garage. I picked her up and went for a drive... It arrived with 10 miles and I put an extra 100 on it just tonight. I will say, it's very hard following the break-in procedure from pelotonracer2... Got through the first 100 miles, now trying to break it in fully within 2 weeks when I have a buddy flying in so we can experience the full force of the car.
I was able to put about 600 miles of very mixed driving this weekend between Minneapolis and Chicago (at least half of it was via US-12, which was a delightful way to work the gears and vary the rpm) but I'd agree -- restraint isn't easy as this car likes to run.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts