Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
14 weeks for me...engine and tranny from the UK, assembled in Meheeko, and then the long train ride through the desert, at least for the East Coast...and man was my car dirty with red dirt...Ford should wrap our cars..had a nice rock nugget in my rain gutter and red dust all over the engine bay...buying and acquiring a car this way is not an easy thing...I want a Ford store...like a Tesla store...oh...that's right, the dealers squashed that..power and influence win again...sadness

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got word my car is Maryland. Salesman quoted it would be in here in the next 10 days. The dealer seems to think it came via boat around the horn. I was under the assumption they came via train.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought the same thing too. Perhaps it goes to a railhead in Baltimore? I'm in Virginia, so that would mean it went past me to get there. I don't know though, not an intermodal shipping expert.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man you guys have had to wait a long while haha. I think my wife and I are placing my order on a PB sometime this coming week! I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Meagan,
my wife and I plan on going into our dealership early this coming week to play our order for a 15' ST. Does ford require a 500$ deposit or was it a 1000$?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man you guys have had to wait a long while haha. I think my wife and I are placing my order on a PB sometime this coming week! I can't wait! :)
16 weeks tomorrow, no car yet, but probably before mid January. No real rush. As being in the great white north, my car willll travel 4 kilometers home and then sit until April. I have a company car, so at least this winter, I am not going to have to deal with salt and rock chip damage. Just hope the roads are good enough when it does come in to make it home on the summer tires

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed my sept 30 and I am still waiting. I had my vin in late novemeber. This is the longest I have waited for a car, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered Sept. 1st, car in hands January 8th, so almost 17 weeks. No big deal, it is sitting in the garage until spring. Gave me time to save the cash, so I own it out right, no loan. I know paying cash is weird in a world that has 84 month plus financing available. Always gone on the basis, if I don't have the cash, then I can't afford it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Similarly - I placed my order in the first week of March and stopped by the dealer yesterday. He said that the VIN is "pending" and that rough estimation is two more (!) months. I'm interested to know if anyone else is in our boat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Similarly - I placed my order in the first week of March and stopped by the dealer yesterday. He said that the VIN is "pending" and that rough estimation is two more (!) months. I'm interested to know if anyone else is in our boat.
They have not issued you a VIN as of yet? I just received mine this week, but I had to ask for it. Not sure how long ago it was assigned. My dealer was unable to give me an ETA, so I reached out to FordService on the forums for some more info. Waiting to hear any news.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can dig into this. PM me your dealer code and order number, and I'll see what I can find.

Meagan

·
Registered
15 Posts
So order placed at the end of Feb, I'm getting an ETA of late June. Bit more than the 8 weeks the dealerships always seem to suggest.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So order placed at the end of Feb, I'm getting an ETA of late June. Bit more than the 8 weeks the dealerships always seem to suggest.
Yo Canuck...hate be a bummer, and don't know how much you have skimmed the forums, but an 8 week delivery window comes from a dealer/salesman that knows next to nothing about the Fiesta ST....run on sentence?...where was I? oh...knows nothing about your car...the engine and transmission are built in England...they are shipped to Meheeko to be assembled with the chassis and the rest of car things...If you wait less than 16 weeks, which is how long it took to have my ISFiST to be delivered, you are doing good my friend...until then, CSX updates are your best friend...waiting is the hardest part...we all waited and anticipated...your turn:eek:

81 - 100 of 109 Posts