Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A childhood friend who I havnt seen in 15 years hosted a Mostly E39 euro meet out in Long Island New York. Just the thought of driving my little Fiesta in between a crowd of euro lovers made me cringe thinking I was gonna be laughed at and ridiculed but I was completely wrong. I was welcomed with open arms not only because of my childhood friend but because quite a few people knew about my car were intrigued by it. I was asked questions about it and photos of my car were taken. I even heard a VW older GTI passed by sayin "That shits fast right there" lol. I let my friend who owns an E39 drive my car and he was impressed :)
My friends partner's girl happen to work at a Ford dealer and said my car was highly sought after at her dealership. Shes had people come from out of state to buy one. But the best part about it all was that one of my other good friends that laughed at me for buying a Gay Fiesta and owns a 540 was there to witness it all LOL.
To add there was BBQ, Beers and live DJ, Nice Bimmers but not many girls. Yesterday was a good day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm not understanding how anybody could consider this car "gay". I bought ours mainly for my wife, but I really wanted one as well.

I take heat for owning a miata all the time. People just don't know until they've driven one and just want to judge.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah none of my close friends are car guys so they knew nothing about the FIST and laughed when i said i bought a Fiesta, but one ride changed their minds haha. I went to a huge Paul Walker memorial meet in Boston over the winter (bunch of import cars but a mix of everything) with a couple of Focus STs and the FiST was a hit, partly because nobody had seen one in person before and mostly because of the unbelievable praise its getting from the top sources in the car world.

Reactions: stuntdoogie

·
Registered
253 Posts
All my friends mock my fiesta too, car people or not.(Most of my friends are or were car people) Mind you they all get their asses whooped on by the vette, so i let them have it. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't been on any meet yet since I haven't seen that many around. I was ridiculed by a few friends also. That was till I raced them and beat them. From Kia forte coupe , vr6 jetta and strangely an caliber srt4

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
62 Posts
I kinda miss my R39 540i. It a fun car, but nothing like my FiST.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
A lot of the people at my dealership razz me about my FiST, but then I show them the 23 awards it's won, detail it in the back on Saturday's when I have time, and proudly drive it past everyone I work with as they get into their base Focus'. F$#@ em :cool:

I actually have a running bet with one of my service advisors that I can put down a better time than his "built for corners" TA at the next autocross May 18th. Can't wait for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts