Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my 2001 S2000 with 165k mi earlier this week and was heartbroken. I picked up my Black Fiesta ST today and couldn't stop smiling on my way home from the dealership. This is a great car, and I'm shocked to say it, but it is just as good if not better than my S2000.

I'm in Santa Monica and look forward to perhaps organizing/participating in some canyon driving fun.

· Registered
588 Posts
Congrats. On another thread I said it reminds me of the S2K a lot handling-wise except that it is FWD. I am glad you feel the same.

Reactions: FieSTa

· Registered
588 Posts
Oh the visibility.........................................

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome and great feedback on the S2K comparo.. always lusted after one of those just always needed 4 seats..

· Registered
248 Posts
Coming from an '04 ap2 s2k myself, and they are just two totally different driving experiences. I actually bought my FiST as a replacement to my s2k which I wrote off. But my goal was always to own both sothe second I bought my FiST, started shopping for another s2000 :p

But different beasts, hence I'll be owning them both :)

· Registered
678 Posts
I had an S2K when I had my MkV GTI... different beasts entirely. S2K was much better for a raw driving experience, fun on an empty backroad, but not as fun of a DD. FiST is great in both aspects - fun in the twisties, great DD - but an S2K it is not. I'd buy one as a second car (but would go for a clean NA Miata first)

· Registered
153 Posts
I just sold my 2001 S2000 with 165k mi earlier this week and was heartbroken. I picked up my Black Fiesta ST today and couldn't stop smiling on my way home from the dealership. This is a great car, and I'm shocked to say it, but it is just as good if not better than my S2000.

I'm in Santa Monica and look forward to perhaps organizing/participating in some canyon driving fun.
What is the color combo of your ST? I live in the valley, Winnetka.
Ron

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is the color combo of your ST? I live in the valley, Winnetka.
Ron
Black on Black with a sunroof. Was hoping for the dark wheels like yours but it was tough to come by the day I decided to buy. I was part of the lotus group and we did a great Sunday drive that cruised the SM mountains, would be great to get one going here.

· Registered
153 Posts
Black on Black with a sunroof. Was hoping for the dark wheels like yours but it was tough to come by the day I decided to buy. I was part of the lotus group and we did a great Sunday drive that cruised the SM mountains, would be great to get one going here.
Yes it would, I could bring my Evora, and my daughter could drive her Elise.
Ron

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.