Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was admiring the majesty of the mighty 1.6 under the hood of my Fiesta today and noticed all of the salt spray in the engine bay. This got me thinking, what are you all doing to keep your Fiestas clean this winter? Wisconsin winters are brutal!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
The thing that bothers me the most about it all, is the constant horrible noise that the salt makes when it's hitting my rocker panels. It makes me cringe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wish there was a engine bay cover underneath to help keep that crap out.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Theres a company from I think the Philippines called Orsen who are making one for our car but donot know the status.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wrap any electrical connections (like the battery terminals) in a plastic bag and tape in place, and liberally spray the engine bay with Simple Green. Let sit for about 5 min, hit any excessively greasy/dirty areas with a toothbrush, then with your hose sprayer on the shower setting rinse. Do not use a lot of water pressure.

If you want it to really sparkle, hit the engine bay with armor all after it dries, but that will draw more dust, so I sorta recommend against it, but it does look nice while it's still clean.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Wrap any electrical connections (like the battery terminals) in a plastic bag and tape in place, and liberally spray the engine bay with Simple Green. Let sit for about 5 min, hit any excessively greasy/dirty areas with a toothbrush, then with your hose sprayer on the shower setting rinse. Do not use a lot of water pressure.

If you want it to really sparkle, hit the engine bay with armor all after it dries, but that will draw more dust, so I sorta recommend against it, but it does look nice while it's still clean.
I can attest to using "Shower mode" on the rinse water as I learned power washing the ATV's off after a weekend of mudding.. Blew the stickers right off on the final rinse LOL I can imagine how that would drive the water into the connections and start a problem for later on ... Good tip

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts