Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching this video and wondered if anyone has any insight as to what this race engine has on it to make 300 hp. I noticed a huge intake and a different looking intake manifold. It's pretty cool that you can drive a car like this on the street legally!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thought 300hp could be had with a bigger turbo, tune, high flow intercooler, catback, injectors, intake..

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can pretty much guaranty that motor has been completely blue-printed and tweaked internally. :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
I thought 300hp could be had with a bigger turbo, tune, high flow intercooler, catback, injectors, intake..
.... and down pipe, and... and... and... heh ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Intercooler, Intake, full exhaust, uprated internals, Hybrid turbo , Injectors, uprated fuel pump, Finsport Stage 3 software.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Dont need a set of injectors on a direct injection car..

"Big" turbo (Gtx28Rs, 30R etc) and supporting mods should get you there. Tuning will be the real challenge.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, GT28RS plus supporting mods might get you there. 3071 should as well but with plenty of lag to go along with it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
^Yeah, definitely false, GTIs are DI and a big turbo requires injectors.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Typically in rally applications they switch to a longitudinally mounted engine and add AWD.

They also run restrictors on their turbos due to the rules. They all make 300-310hp but a WRC car will have 400-600tq.

For the FiST engine to make 300whp you will likely need a GTX28 sized turbo or equivalent, full turboback exhaust, custom intake (to fit turbo), aftermarket intercooler, LSD, high pressure fuel pump, probably meth injection and perhaps driveshafts and clutch.

300hp isn't much on paper but 300hp is a TON of power especially for these types of car!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Eh yes and no, it is a significant bump in power over stock, but how many 400-600whp civics are out and about doing just fine (with good axles and such)? 300whp in a front drive car isn't anything out of the ordinary now days, and have you seen our axles? Things look bigger than the Mosers I have in the drag car haha.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts