Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
AP (just ordered haha), high flow filter (comes with AP!), exhaust, better brake pads.
Doh! That was quick! lol. Enjoy. I have to wait until after the holidays, then I will get AP, intake and some wheels.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Decat and Down pipe with Catback, Intake and a tune of sorts if there is $$ left. Next will be intercooler and Stage 2 tune.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cat, downpipe, intercooler will have to wait till warrantee expires for me... Playing it safe for now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd spend that on the driver and pay for track time and some brake pads....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont have the interest or the time to track at the monent. Maybe some time down the line after warrantee is over.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
1. Cobb AP - $500
2. Track Wheels - $800
3. Intercooler - $500

Ok, so I went a little over. And I'd probably try to go for an oil cooler as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
With factory tires that have a 140 treadwear rating and what I have seen with the brake pads so far (even with street use), I think all owners would be well served to consider budgeting a portion of that first $1700.00 on tires and brakes.

140 treadwear tires are like running shoes. They have a very limited useful life. Many of us won't make it to spring without needing to replace them.

The engine mods are fun for me to think about, but I am way less interested in those. I'm sure I'll support the vendors at some point, but I think I'll be happy to put a couple to a few years and many, many thousands of miles on this car while its mechanically stock. I'll optimize the brakes and tires and maybe the wheels and enjoy what's already so great about the car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
With factory tires that have a 140 treadwear rating and what I have seen with the brake pads so far (even with street use), I think all owners would be well served to consider budgeting a portion of that first $1700.00 on tires and brakes.

140 treadwear tires are like running shoes. They have a very limited useful life. Many of us won't make it to spring without needing to replace them..
Some of have no problem making it to Spring with the so so factory soft rubber as they don't wear much on the rack in the garage :) Was -8 Deg F when I ran the out and about this morning :) That said I'll put in my .02 cents Light Wheels,Better Tires and anything else you can afford that makes You happy :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
I didn't mention buying street tires because that doesn't seem like a mod. Anyone who buys this car and runs the summer rubber in winter is irresponsible. Those tires aren't safe for winter and you're risking your own safety and the safety of those around you.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I didn't mention buying street tires because that doesn't seem like a mod. Anyone who buys this car and runs the summer rubber in winter is irresponsible. Those tires aren't safe for winter and you're risking your own safety and the safety of those around you.
Agreed Tires are a wear item and snow and ICE tires are just too much fun not to have when you can pull away from the goof in the jacked up 4x4 at the lights and he is spinning his bald 38inch swampers ;) But Sticky dedicated summer tires on lighter wheels may be a mod at least for me as I will run the factory tires as a daily driver and track wheels for the track and such.. The OP mentions no interest in tracking the car so I guess it is a moot point..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cobb AP is a definite first, followed by intake and exhaust. Still waiting to see Cobb's releases, their Focus ST exhaust sounded pretty impressive...

And as a Floridian I should probably count on new tires sooner than later. Running the summer tires through this "winter" (been upper 70's here, sorry to the rest of the county...:p)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't see the obsession with lighter wheels. Coming from the motorcycle world, lighter wheels are great for reducing rotating mass, but horrible for getting good feedback from the road. Would that not be the case with this car, too? Also, there's less of a weight savings compared to the rest of the vehicle with lighter wheels.

I'd go with Cobb AP, intake upgrade, 3" exhaust (none currently available in the U.S.!), then use the rest to get a new rear shock for my motorcycle ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Private driving lessons. That would probably get me a day at Bondurant. 100% best money you can spend.

Reactions: DAC17
1 - 20 of 33 Posts