Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up my Injen Intake install!!!
install was so simple that anyone that knows how to remove screws can do it..
took about a half an hour and the hardest part was getting the heat shield in place lol
the intake looks awesome and sounds just as good!!!
can feel a little bit difference in throttle response and now everyone will be able to know you got a turbo in there!
heres a few pics and a short video! enjoy! swooosh
gonna get around to posting a better video soon!

image (8).jpg image (5).jpg image (5).jpg image (3).jpg image (8).jpg image (1).jpg

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Awesome. Looks and sounds really good. I'm tempted to buy it but I think I'm gonna use the money towards a fmic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree.. It makes the car sound and feel a lot more sporty..
and one thing that I like on the fswerks intake is the support that bolts onto where the engine cover is I'm the upper left.. While installing I noticed Injen doesn't have that

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
looks fantastic and the hydroshield does add to the aesthetic. \

but for the love of god
please always shoot videos in landscape mode in the future

also what did you mean about the support? i dunno what you're talking about because it wasn't that way for my install

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought i noticed that the fswerks intake has a support that bolts on under the plastic engine cover, above the oil cap.
its a bit hard to explain lol and i am currently at work so i cannot post a picture

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good I also installed mine today.

Few things : Make Sure MAP Sensor is not hitting the Plastic cover behind. When you launch hard engine moves back with the intake and hits that plastic. You might damage your Sensor and wiring. When you installed supplied Rubber Mount/Support for the intake did you remove the 2nd Big Nut ? If not make sure to remove it then install the rubber mount. It only holds the wire bracket. Do not touch the smaller nut. Also make sure your Hood Support or holder whatever you wanna call it is not touching the Filter itself.

When you install heat shield you use 2 supplied bolts to secure it down. The one close to the Fender could be touching the wiring below. I used shorter bolt.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I took a look under the hood - yeah I see what you mean now about the support. I reinstalled all the original hardware I could as part of my installation but yes the Injen tube does not have something securing it to the valve cover like the OEM tube or a FoST intake tube

I didn't have a problem with the MAF harness contacting anything though, but I created a little extra slack in the harness and have since buried the harness in insulation foam to close off the intake box area.

fair warning: my solution is not pretty and i'll make a prettier seal when I get around to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts