Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time poster. Unfortunately, my 2 month old car was broken into a week ago. The thieves damaged the passenger side door and passenger side window. Luckily, insurance covered the repairs and when I picked up the car tonight, I was happy with how everything turned out. However, when I got home I noticed that my key fob no longer unlocks the passenger side door. It works to open the lift-gate and the drivers' side door without issue. I checked the work and it does look like they had to remove/replace the passenger side door handle. In any case, I'm taking it back to the shop in the morning but wondering if this isn't some programming/setting issue that I could take care of on my own. I hate to be without the car for another couple days.

Edit: Just to clarify. The door does unlock when pressing the button on the fob. It does not unlock when holding the fob close to the handle and pressing the button on the door.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

· Registered
588 Posts
Try doing a master reset or a full MyKey clear.

· Registered
588 Posts
They wanted the cargo organizer box thing from the factory that's like 100 bones. ( You probably didn't buy one, I am just being silly )

· Registered
2,234 Posts
IM thinking the dealer will need to do a relearn for your door and key fob .. People are such D bags sometimes just cant leave other peeps stuff alone ...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Ended up that the shop forgot to plug in the button on the door handle. And yes, it's too bad there are people like that in the world. Was at gym after work so maybe they thought I'd leave something of value in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.