Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I run a Vehicle Health Report on my 2014 Fiesta ST, with keyless entry and NAV, the report sent to Ford notes "Oil Life: 0% Urgent". Following the process in the manual to reset the oil service light does not correct this. My car just turned 15,000 miles, and I change the oil and filter for the third time. The Vehicle Health Report notes that "To reset your system, check your owner's manual for instructions." As noted, the process does not correct this. I contacted the Ford Help Desk with the issue and their Tier 2 support said a regional representative would contact me. Well, Ford contacted my local dealer, and they just called me. They noted that only a Ford dealer can reset this when they change the oil and complete the multi-point service check. Do you agree? I have already had one issue with Ford, they could not adequately explain. I have to wonder if this is another because it contradicts the owner's manual. My dealer noted it is not an issue with the warranty as long as I keep records of the oil changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking through TSB/SSM messages today for my car. Good news is there isn't really anything notable. I did happen to see a TSB for the oil life reset problem. TSB 14-0202 covers any vehicle built on/before 10-7-14. There is a PCM reprogram to fix the oil reset concern. The TSB came out Oct 29, 2014 and should be covered under base warranty 3yr/36,000miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw this thread a while back while cruising the forum. The "search feature" I used today lead me to this thread again. Thought I was on to something useful but evidently it doesn't work.

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was called by the regional Ford rep after she researched the issue. She said there are no oil monitoring function on my 2014 FiST except for the light that comes on on the dash if the oil is low.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Send her a copy of your Vehicle Health Record that shows that the oil has 0% life and is critical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at Koons Ford Sterling yesterday having my emissions done and mentioned the problem to them. They did a "reflash". I ran the VHR on my way home its now showing 100% Oil Life. So I guess its a waiting game to see the percent come down and if the light goes on. Then to see if I am able to reset it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told by the Ford garage that yes they can reset percent of oil life but I cannot. Has anybody seen a message ever come on on a 2014 Fiesta ST that it is time to change the oil?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was looking through TSB/SSM messages today for my car. Good news is there isn't really anything notable. I did happen to see a TSB for the oil life reset problem. TSB 14-0202 covers any vehicle built on/before 10-7-14. There is a PCM reprogram to fix the oil reset concern. The TSB came out Oct 29, 2014 and should be covered under base warranty 3yr/36,000miles.
Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: WNC Jeff

·
Registered
131 Posts
Found out the hard way today .. TSB-0202 won't work if you have the MP-215 from mountune. The PCM is locked. .. Next time I'm in I'll have them reset back to stock first. They floundered. I think they were just trying to to the TSB and couldn't get response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts