Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are driving with the spare tire on the rear and the OEM summer tires in 40°F weather during a heavy rain, this car will snap oversteer on you in turns. Who knew?

Also, a piddly little 3" lag bolt is enough to give this car a flat tire. Toughen it up Ford:p

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hell..it does that stock man lol. Of course it'll do it with a pizzacutter on the back!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No harm, no foul, I caught it right away, but I wasn't exactly hooning it when it stepped out.

Also, a tip for everybody, buy a set of mechanix gloves and leave them in with the spare tire. Believe me, that brake dust is hard to avoid. If you ever get a flat on your way to an appointment, interview, church, etc, it will help keep your hands from getting filthy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So you were driving on 3 summer tires in weather a bit cold for summer rubber and a spare and then it was raining. And you were doing something even close to "hooning"? That's not a handling quirk that's a lapse in judgement. Grow up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whoa easy dude, all he said is that the summer tires snap oversteer in the cold, rainy weather. I think he was driving on four normal tires and not the spare

·
Registered
946 Posts
Whoa easy dude, all he said is that the summer tires snap oversteer in the cold, rainy weather. I think he was driving on four normal tires and not the spare
Might wanna re-read that.. he had a spare on the rear of his vehicle because he got a flat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
He was on 3 summers and a spare. And even if he wasn't if you induce snap oversteer you are pushing a little too hard which you shouldn't be on summer tires in the rain when it's 40F outside. You need to take it easy on summer rubber at 40F.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No hooning at all involved, that's why I was surprised. Between the weather and the spare, it was a worst case scenario. Take this as a cautionary tale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts