Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. I'm just wondering what everyone else uses to clean their interiors. I've always used armor all or mequires. Also what do you guys recomend for leather? I've never had nice leather seats before. My Vw recaros were all cloth!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner for the interior plastics. Don't like the shine a lot of the protectors leave.

This is the first car with nice paint and interior I've had in a while. Need to start rebuilding my detailing kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^What he said! Don't use Armor All, it leaves everything shiny and it looks bad. You want something that keeps in looking like it was when you first got it! Meguiar's generally makes good products!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Vinylex is good for the plastic bits, leaves a matt finish and has UV protectant. It also won't dry out your dash and such like Armor All. You can use it on your tires for a clean satin finish.

Leather, I would get something from Meguiars. I use Pinnacle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does anyone know if the Recaros are true leather, or do they have that thin vinyl plastic layer over the actual leather. If so I was thinking about using this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395686893.241403.jpg

303® Aerospace Protectant™

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use a damp microfiber cloth with just water. Works great on everything. When there is a tougher stain I use a mild natural all purpose spray. I can't stand the greasy interior products people use.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use microfiber and Simple Green cut to about 50:1 - it doesn't take much. For anything stubborn I use a 10:1 mix in a sprayer. Once clean, I hit everything with 303 Aerospace Protectant. 303 is awesome because you can use it on all kinds of materials and it doesn't leave a glossy shine - it leaves only the lightest sheen and looks very natural. It's fantastic. Use it sparingly, it takes very little.

·
Registered
773 Posts
What's up guys. I'm just wondering what everyone else uses to clean their interiors. I've always used armor all or mequires. Also what do you guys recomend for leather? I've never had nice leather seats before. My Vw recaros were all cloth!
What ever you do, do NOT use Armor All!

Armor All gives the gloss look and looks great. What it actually does is creates a layer above the plastic almost creating a green house effect. This causes EXTREME heat build up in the summer and will actually cause your dash to fade faster. Also, with the extra heat build up, it has in the past been a contributing factor to cracked plastic in the dash.

It is best to use a high quality conditioner type thing. I know Ammo NYC makes some great products as well as Meguiars.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I use ChemicalGuys.com stuff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do any of these products leave any smells? I know some cleaners have certain oils and i've read the new car smell goes away because of body oils, foreign fluids and junk left inside the car.

I was thinking of using just a cloth or vacuum with brush.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Chemical guys has fragranced and unfragranced cleaners. I really like the fragrances they use though. The quick syn detailer smells like watermelon cotton candy or something.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use Chemical Guys inner clean for all the interior surfaces and it smells like melon.
I also used their leather cleaner/conditioner and that made my car smell like a shoe store/leather jacket, I kinda dig it though :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really like Poorboy's Natural Look for the interior. For the glass, I haven't used them, but I hear good things about the Stoner and Meguiars stuff.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts