Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

RallySportDirect.com would like to introduce to you, our new shop car the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST.

Some of you might have heard of us before, and to some we might be new :)
RallySportDirect has been around for over a decade and we are located just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. We started as a small parts supplier that was operated by car enthusiasts for car enthusiast, we race them, we break them, we find out what works, what does not work, and how to keep them together in 1 piece.

When we took delivery of this car, the first thing we noticed is how small it was in comparison to our Focus ST. It feels slightly smaller to drive, a little more rigid for stock suspension than the Focus was. The styling of this car is spot on! We love the way it looks and have BIG plans to compliment it's great looks in the future, as well as a plethora of performance improvements with documentation to help you guys out along the way!

If you have some questions regarding the installation of any of the products we put on the car, we will be updating this thread with the current parts list and link to their respective installation threads!

We have some plans for this car you can be sure of that :). Right now we are working hard on getting measurements, talking to manufactures, and getting the miles racked up so we can start having some fun!

For more information on any of the upgrades, click the links below!

Suspension:

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

Engine/Under hood modifications:

Mountune Front Mount Intercooler Black
Mountune Quick Shift
Mountune Induction Upgrade

Aesthetics

Stock

And just to give you guys some ideas of the intentions of this build, here are some of our previous and current builds of shop cars over the years :)

Our 2013 FoST "White Sheep" (Click here for the build thread)

2005 STi

2008 STi

2003 EVO

2011 STi

2013 BRZ

Make sure to check us out on our website, facebook, blog, and youtube channels!

We are proud to be part of this Great community, and look forward to offering top quality products, write ups, and introduce new products to you guys !

·
Registered
488 Posts
subscribed! can't wait to see how the oxford beaut will turn out :)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We took the little Fiesta up a local canyon road this weekend and did some assessments for you guys! First thing I noticed while just driving it around, the steering seems very tight and responsive to driver input. The grip on the factory tires on wet canyon roads is acceptable, but gets a little hairy when you take turns a little too fast. They do great on the dry roads, even when they are cold. The suspension seems fairly rigid for stock. I have driven a lot of different cars in my lifetime, and this car has one of the most stiff stock suspension that I have experienced (this isn't necessarily a bad thing) In comparison to the FoST, this car seems to be more tail happy, the lift off over steer is much more prominent when driving aggressively in the little Fiesta. It feels in control, and stable when the rear comes around. I loved how the steering input is very responsive and the car loves to turn quickly and give you that driver feeling when dipping into turns with some speed. One thing I noticed however, is there seems to be a bit more turbo lag in this car than the FoST, if I had to put a number on it, I would say roughly around 25% more lag between throttle input and actual, usable boost.

We will take this car to the track and do some more driving as we put more parts on to let you guys know what differences they make! All in all, the Fiesta seems to be a very good car to drive aggressively, cruises fairly smoothly down the highway, the only complaint I have at this point is the surface street cruising. The bouncy ride when hitting little bumps in the road starts to wear on your after a little while.

Space on the interior is somewhat lacking, the seats in the front are a little tight, I'm 6'4" 205 and they are snug, not a deal breaker by any means and I know they will break in as time passes, so this doesn't worry me. The back seats are definitely small, we did put four full sized adults in the car and went for a drive, but the people in the back seat were very crammed, with little leg room. Also, with the four people we had in there, the suspension seemed a little overwhelmed. That's it for now, check back later for updates!

Thanks
Corby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts