Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or does Sirius radio sound like a 64 kb MP3?

It didn't sound that good in my Flex, so I let the demo expire. I suspect I'll do the same with my Fiesta.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i agree it sounds pretty poor. not easy enough to figure out whats what. I am too lazy to learn it sitting in my car in my garage and its too hard to learn on the road.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I guess I must not be very discerning when it comes to my audio. It sounds fine to me. And I like having lots of music options without having to fumble with Rhapsody or loading up my iPhone.

I won't be renewing my traffic, weather, etc but I will keep my radio.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
248 Posts
i dont mind it in all honesty, BUT i probably wouldn't pay for it when renewal time comes
i've HEARD that when time comes for renewal you can actually haggle with them and get another 6 month trial
side note, has anyone else had a problem where once in a while when you turn your car on and you left it on sirirus when you turned it off there is no sound coming out? i then have to switch to a different source and then back to sirirus and seems to reconnect it

·
Registered
743 Posts
i dont mind it in all honesty, BUT i probably wouldn't pay for it when renewal time comes
i've HEARD that when time comes for renewal you can actually haggle with them and get another 6 month trial
You can and I have in the past. $84/yr is the typical haggle price. I have heard of people getting real cheap/free for the next 4-6 months, etc.

The problem lies with canceling when you've had enough or when you forget to renegotiate after 11 months. On the 12 month anniversary, you'll quickly get charged $184 or more for the next year. You'll need to call and yell at them multiple times to get canceled.

Overall, I like the sirius features, but will quietly let the trial turn off and let them stay out of my life.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The problem lies with canceling when you've had enough or when you forget to renegotiate after 11 months. On the 12 month anniversary, you'll quickly get charged $184 or more for the next year. You'll need to call and yell at them multiple times to get canceled.
Why the need to yell at them? They didn't do anything wrong...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Why the need to yell at them? They didn't do anything wrong...
hahaha, umm, ya. After having to call them back multiple times because they have said that they have processed your cancellation 4 times (weeks before) but it's all a lie. All I'm saying is be aware of the whore you're getting in bed with before you jump in without protection.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd never get rid of Sirius, have had it since launch. Driving across country a few times never having to deal with crappy fm or no service for Pandora. Even where I love cell service is spotty. I have to say though I like my Sirius add on unit in my truck rather than any infotainment I've used to date. Have all my presets, don't even need to look 1-10 buttons . I have favorite songs saved so if they come on, on another station it alerts me. Sound quality is decent usually a little lower audio volume than my cd player but right now it's through an fm modulator. Still waiting for the FiST. I have lifetime now so it doesn't cost me anything paid 399 I think 7 years ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
It sounds bad. It's old technology and it's never been upgraded. When it first came out I was disappointed because I thought it would be CD quality, and in my wife's Audi, my grandpa's Lincoln and my ST it sounds like crap.

HD radio on the other hand, sounds great. See if you can tune into an HD radio station and hear the difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How do you feel about say Pandora via bluetooth? Vs Sirius quality. Either way with spotty cell service and probably only 5 radio station around here I'll take Sirius which often plays plenty of new music. And if I have an album or song I really like I'd make a cd. Don't really listen to it for the quality, more the convenience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have all my tunes on a 32 Gb USB stick. ~320 KB MP3s (vbr), so I'm good. And besides, they dropped the Disco channel.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sirius sound quality is absolutely freakin' terrible, but it's pretty fun to have for long drives. I just re-upped for 6 months at $29.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I found out on my drive to work this morning that I can play Spotify on my phone and the Bluetooth connection will allow it play through the car's stereo.

Bonus on top of that, I can skip on Spotify using the forward button on the steering wheel.

Who needs Sirius? lol

Reactions: k757
1 - 20 of 21 Posts