Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm 25 haha
I think if anything, I see an older guy driving a "young persons" car and has it all done it, first thing that goes through my mind is "hell ya! thats awesome!"

· Registered
58 Posts
I don't worry about this kind of stuff. I'm almost 31 and just had a child. I love my FiST. I bought it as a great daily that will see track duty in the summers.
:thumbs up: Although, I think maybe you are looking at the age deal from a slightly different POV vs. some of us who are close to, you know, double your age. Hah! ;)

I look at it slightly different.

The GTI and R32 share some similarities of what the original Datsun 240Z was when it first came out. Has creature comforts, windows that work, no leaky roof, dependable, and even A/C. But it also killed what the soul of sports cars were. The initial GTI, like the first Z were fun. But became bloated and isolated from the art of driving. They became, boring.

This new Fiesta ST brings me back to my early days with 1968-1974 Triumph Spitfires and other British sports cars. It is more back to the PURE basics of the thrill of driving a performance sports car. Small, quick, and nimble, not too fancy or plush, but good enough. It has even made just driving to work, a pleasure again.
Although my ordered car has not landed yet, I'm right there with you. I had a 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT that I got as a 10-year-old hand me down from my dad for a while (until it was totaled) way back in my college days. That was an awesome little car. Fantastic handling and light enough so that the little engine was sufficient to make it scoot (but obviously the car was not fast). I've really missed it. I tried to replicate that back in the 80s with a first generation MR2, but that felt a little sterile. The Fiesta ST while admittedly FWD (something frowned upon by the now mostly extremely mature Alfa enthusiasts), brings me back to that sense of a simple, properly powered, superior handling little car with personality.

· Registered
82 Posts
41 with a wife and a 5 year old. She's in the Escape Titanium. I'm off Harleys for a while, and the FiST fills that void easily.
No more riding home in a hail storm with 60 mph cross breezes dodging lightning strikes. No more daily sunscreen, or rain suits. Also gone is 40mpg, no matter how hard you ride.

But I still smile every day!

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm 63 and I love this car. I bought white because it reminded me of the 84 GTI I had. Since then have had a large variety of cars, mostly German (BMW's, M-B's, Audi's and Porsche).
This car is the most fun to drive of everything I've had.

· Registered
58 Posts
I'm 63 and I love this car. I bought white because it reminded me of the 84 GTI I had. Since then have had a large variety of cars, mostly German (BMW's, M-B's, Audi's and Porsche).
This car is the most fun to drive of everything I've had.
LOL! One old guy to another: Maybe we should start an oldtimer FiST special interest group.

"Old Guy Throttle Lift Oversteer Club"

Instead of threads about the pros and cons of O2 cheaters, we could argue the merits of drug store cheaters vs. prescription lenses: Prescription glasses vs drug store glasses - reading resolved | Ask MetaFilter

Hah.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Geezer FiST'rs unite

Reactions: TundraManSC

· Registered
161 Posts
I'm 51 and have a Tangerine Scream Focus ST. I just loved the color. I bought a Performance Blue FiST cause I felt the Molten Orange and Green Envy colors were a bit juvenile for me. I really do like the Molten Orange color though.

· Registered
153 Posts
56 and holding, this the best DD I have ever had.
Ron

· Registered
42 Posts
I'm 53 and just picked up a Molten Orange FiST. Fun little car.

Reactions: TundraManSC

· Registered
58 Posts
51. Performance Blue Fist. Two kids. Two sportbikes. Life is good.

My last car was an Audi S4. Before that a VW Corrado. I get the OP's decision for a GTI. (My mom bought an '83 GTI. That got me hooked German cars in general and VW's in particular. Mom then bought more GTI''s - the last one when she was 75!)

· Registered
39 Posts
honda forums don't count^^. they all think they have race cars. I am only 30 but, i do have 3 kids and married. I also purchased this car to excite my dayly commute to work. not looking for a race car just something extremely fun to drive. and I bought molten orange with matching recaros, not for the "look at me" factor i just love orange.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.