Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Cobb Access port and installed it. Everything went fine and i selected the 91 map (i am running 93 gas) I do have a few questions. As i understand it the stock program is saved to the Access port device. Should i be saving it to a computer for safe keeping? How would i do that?

Initial impressions are good the car feels stronger and even the engine note changed a bit (more aggressive). I do feel a bit of an on throttle power delivery delay (particularly in the lower gears). Does anyone else feel this? When you step on it there is now a lag or slight delay. Thoughts? Stock i did not feel this (its a bummer)
mid range power seems stronger, traction control was going off at all times (i had to shut it off).

I wish the Access port powered off automatically when i shut the car off (my Scan gauge did) I also wish the display would be landscape and not vertical.

Its nice to be able to see the boost pressure as well as the oil temp. Oil temp comes up much faster than any car i have ever had.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes, there is an initial learning period. Give it 50 miles.

You should definitely back up your stock map for safe keeping. Connect the AP to your computer, download the COBB AP software, and you can transfer maps (and it ensures you always have the latest firmware/maps)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you feel a Lag/delay in throttle response with your unit initially and did it go away once the car "Learned" the map?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
don't leave your AP in plain sight

though it is valueless to a thief, they don't know that and will take it any way as i discovered

1 - 6 of 6 Posts