Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working a deal at two different dealers. One is a 0 opt white FiST, the other is performance blue with a roof. Trading my 13 F150 Ecoboost supercrew 4x4 max tow long bed. That's a mouthful. We sold our travel trailer two weeks ago, so I no longer need a truck. I've owned over 50 vehicles, so yes I'm a freak and an enthusiast. First car was a new 1990 Civic Si in white, so yes white is a favorite of mine although I really like the perf blue. Test drove a white 14 Civic Si sedan and the white FiST within minutes of one another. The Si definitely had the more refined ride and feel and was larger, but as everyone knows, the FiST was more fun to drive. You can't beat boost on a 4 cylinder for daily fun. The Si requires premium and gets notably worse MPG, but I'm still considering it. I've ruled out the FRS, Honda Accord Sport 6M, Hyundai Veloster turbo, Genesis 2.0t rspec, and base WRX. The WRX was too much for me as is the FRS. The Genesis 2.0t rspec was the biggest let down because it didn't have squat for torque or power at lower revs. The FiST will be hard to beat considering the fun factor, MPG's, price, 0% for 60mos, can run regular unleaded, and all the standard features.

· Registered
678 Posts
It's a great DD - depending on your commute, fuel economy can be quite good. Ride is stiff (but handles great), boost is super fun.

There are a lot of rebates going on right now - for some reason much more in CA than NC. What part of NC are you in? I'm originally from the Winston Salem area (King).

· Registered
361 Posts
Welcome from another NC member. I'm in Winston Salem. If its any perspective I had gone to my dealer to look at the focus st, and got the FiST instead. I've fallen in love with this car. I got 34mpg yesterday going to the ecoboost challenge in Charlotte, and took my 25 mph recommended exit ramp at 50 when getting off the highway.

Its fun, it's practical.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

· Registered
361 Posts
The one exiting onto Peters creek pkwy? Yup. I've also taken the merge from 311 onto 40 at some "spirited" speeds. Coming down hwy 21 last weekend I didn't slow below 40 mph in the mountain curves...

· Registered
588 Posts
I picked the ST for sport. The person who actually bought the car over the Si found it much more comfortable ( with Recaros ), a lot more sporty, much better gas mileage, and a more interesting looking vehicle.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Apex. The FiST was definitely more sporty than the Si, just gotta decide if I can deal with that. Turbos have magical powers over me, that's for sure. I love low end torque in a daily driver. I bought the Mazdaspeed3 early last year over the Focus ST and tired of it pretty quickly.

· Registered
361 Posts
I test drove a speed3, and I wasn't that impressed. Didn't give me a smile like the FiST does, even though it had more power. It didn't handle as good it felt like.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The most fun car I've owned (and Lord knows I have had a few!), was my 06 VW GTI 2.0T 6 speed. But a little over a month later it developed more rattles and noises in the interior than any car I've owned. A Revo software upgrade turned it into one seriously fun street ride. The other car I wanted was the 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS sedan. 2.0T 260/260 ish power. Handling animal and ran high 13's bone stock.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and I recently bought a 98 Dodge Neon R/T with 50k miles on it from the original owner. It has a rather stripped out interior- just has front seats, dash, and door panels. I just bought a center console, a few interior trim panels, and the trunk liner. It has a built engine with Mopar extreme high rate springs and Koni/Mopar struts. I still have to put a muffler on it then I'll register it and finally take it for a real drive. It has been sitting in my garage for the last few weeks. I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep it if I end up with a FiST......

Attachments

· Registered
361 Posts
I used to have an 06 cobalt ss/sc, that thing was a nasty little beast. Dynoed 238whp/207wtq with just an intake, pulled all the way to redline. Unfortunately, it ran afoul of the unbalanced fuel system and blew cylinder 4 @114k miles. Sold it, got a Mazda 3 hatch (non-speed version) drove that for a year, then got the ST. I missed my boost and manual. I still smile every time I drive this thing.

· Registered
361 Posts
Definitely, though I admit it's a toss up sometimes between the FiST and my bike. But I'm extremely pleased with this car. I went to the ecoboost challenge in Charlotte over the weekend, and that opened my eyes at just how little I've been pushing this car.

· Registered
678 Posts
There's a thread, search for it! :)

I think the reason we don't have many search nazis is because this car is so new, we're all kinda discovering it, and this forum is new too. No trolls floating around (well... I'll reserve comment :)). The people here are nice though, which is a big plus. We get along well with the Focus ST guys too, so there's quite a community... not on a VW scale, but there are some advantages to that too...

· Registered
361 Posts
The ecoboost challenge is Ford going around and giving people the chance to drive some of the cars in direct comparison to competitors. It's was pretty cool. Then they had the FiST on a separate track, and you get to throw it around. It was in Charlotte last weekend, don't remember where it's going next.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.