·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: LP and COBB

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just bought myself an Accessport from Edge Auto Sport. Pretty stoked to get it, made a huge difference on my speed6 when I had that.

Anyone else on here got one yet? How are you liking it if so?
I had one on my Speed 3 as well. Bought the Racer programming and spent about 4 months tweaking a wicked custom tune out of a "stock 93 octane OTS map". I'm going to get one as soon as the holidays are over...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one on my Speed 3 as well. Bought the Racer programming and spent about 4 months tweaking a wicked custom tune out of a "stock 93 octane OTS map". I'm going to get one as soon as the holidays are over...
I'm hoping this makes as much of an improvement on the FiST as it did on the MS3/6's... Though I doubt it since the difference on those was night and day because of that garbage stock tune haha
I had Dustin from PERM tuning street tune my 6, I might see if he can do the same to the FiST...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Especially with turbo engines, manufacturers will leave a lot on the table. Cobb is nice to use because you know that they are within safe perimeters. I had my 08' STI Cobb Stage 2 and it was a monster. If I had looked for a protune you can EASILY extract even more.

Make sure you write a review once you get it. Also most ECU's have to learn the new tune so give it a few days and everything will be relearned and making full power.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm hoping this makes as much of an improvement on the FiST as it did on the MS3/6's... Though I doubt it since the difference on those was night and day because of that garbage stock tune haha
I had Dustin from PERM tuning street tune my 6, I might see if he can do the same to the FiST...
Yeah the stock tune was horrible. On the MS3s it also reduced power in 1-3rd gears. Power was also staged, was NOT linear boost delivery.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Especially with turbo engines, manufacturers will leave a lot on the table. Cobb is nice to use because you know that they are within safe perimeters. I had my 08' STI Cobb Stage 2 and it was a monster. If I had looked for a protune you can EASILY extract even more.

Make sure you write a review once you get it. Also most ECU's have to learn the new tune so give it a few days and everything will be relearned and making full power.
Yeah, their OTS maps are a great place to start tweaking with.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yep I will def throw a review up after I get it. I think I'm going to try and hold off flashing any maps until my car hits that 1k mile mark, which shouldn't take long..
Oh come on.. stock 91-93 octane map would be fine. hehe

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
773 Posts
OTS - Over The Shelf?
Yes. The Off The Shelf maps are very generic and leave a little to be desired because they are safe. If you want more power you can get a custom Protune and probably gain another 5% if not more.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Haha oh I'm sure the tune would be fine, but my lead foot on the other hand.....
You could always leave the stability control/traction control set to "ON". heh ;) It just takes a bit of discipline during break-in. You have plenty of time to beat on the car after you put around 1,500 miles on it. Most people don't have the patience to do it right. I think the better throttle response of the tune would make it worth it, purely for driving pleasure.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You could always leave the stability control/traction control set to "ON". heh ;) It just takes a bit of discipline during break-in. You have plenty of time to beat on the car after you put around 1,500 miles on it. Most people don't have the patience to do it right. I think the better throttle response of the tune would make it worth it, purely for driving pleasure.
Very true.
It may not even be an issue if I dont get it by next Saturday as I'm going on a road trip back to CA. 1800 miles both ways.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very true.
It may not even be an issue if I dont get it by next Saturday as I'm going on a road trip back to CA. 1800 miles both ways.
I did that drive from DFW to Carmel, Ca in my MS3 when it had like 1,200 miles on it. By the time we returned home, I had over 5,000 miles on the odometer. I can't do that with this one because I am leasing it. I was smart enough to get a 15,000 mile per year allowance though. :p Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did that drive from DFW to Carmel, Ca in my MS3 when it had like 1,200 miles on it. By the time we returned home, I had over 5,000 miles on the odometer. I can't do that with this one because I am leasing it. I was smart enough to get a 15,000 mile per year allowance though. :p Have a safe trip.
Ha oh man, that sounds like a loooooong boring drive.
Thanks, hopefully I dont run into crazy weather in Flagstaff..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ha oh man, that sounds like a loooooong boring drive.
Thanks, hopefully I dont run into crazy weather in Flagstaff..
I did. Near Williams, Az. Rain was coming down so hard I couldn't see... I was fatigued out the yin yang. Trees were waving and dogs were running across the highway. lol. No I wasn't on drugs. ;) Finally found a hotel in Williams. slept in and then went to the Grand Canyon for an hour the next morning, then on to Carmel. Once we got into Cali, that seemed like the longest part of the drive. California is a HUGE state when driving through it. Bakersfield is still the bunghole of Cali. hahaha

1 - 20 of 117 Posts