Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an ST. Love the car. I have one issue, when going full throttle, the engine (maybe intake manifold) seems to reject the boost at about 3k rpms up. So I have to shift into the next gear to get the normal acceleration. Its not a big issue, the car is still quick, but wondering if anyone else has had that? And could it be detonation? I put 93 octane in it.

Also, would it be better to have non ethanol 90 vs 10 percent ethanol with 93?

Thanks, and look forward to getting to know other ST owners. Darn fun car to drive!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes 93/10E makes for about 94 Octane fuel---.but E10 has less thermal energy.

Most guys here in Auss with turbo engines and V8s always run 95 or 98 octane Premium fuel.
Yeah I have run my fiesta ST on 98 from the day I bought it brand new. They need the clean fuel as they are direct injection and the intake valves get dirty over time..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree about the octane, however I dont think it should be denotating at 93 octane. Its like there is a rev limiter on it and it just wont push through the rom range, and the exhaust gets poppy like it wants to explode. I will upload a video when I get back home to drive it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry about the diversion , but shows the power of turbo chargers in stock vehicles.

A guy Perth Western Australia, in almost stock Assie Ford XR6 turbo ---in line 6, 4 ltr Barra motor ---was clocked by police freeway radar doing 245 kilometers /hr . this week.

Police impounded his beloved car, plus a fine for speeding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts