Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kenshin's Molten Orange Rocket (Euro with a touch of JDM yo!)

G'day from sunny Melbourne Australia!

I've had this pocket rocket from Essendon Ford since the start of January and its been nothing but an awesome drive to me! I'll start off with some pictures of it being stock as a rock. I'll update this OP as I mod but you can see the progress of the car throughout this thread... :) happy reading!11

Mount macedon was where these pictures were. Taken with my old nikon DSLR ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's funny...at first, I was disappointed we here in the States we're getting the 5 door model. Now seeing your 3 door, I can honestly say that I like and appreciate both models and would be happy with either. Although, I do prefer 4 doors for convenience. Somewhat off topic...Cheers mate on your FiST!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Btw...you're probably drooling on your pillow at this hour...but definitely buy mountune's full induction kit. Too bad you can't get a tune from Randy Robles as of now...but the kit is the cat's meow...I'm loving mine...and the high flow induction hose...enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A few days later, I put a coat if this on...

pretty pricey at almost $300 for the 1L bottle but hell its been stuck every since i put it on the first day. bird shit and the like comes off with a wipe and it goes on everything and wipes off and your done! beats 6 hours of detailing with the old wax and stuff from megs and the like! For my whole car i've used less than 100ml full strength. Recommend to everyone! Main dealer is in sydney. GET ON IT! Oh make sure you get the aircraft grade. It's the strongest ;) u imagine what an aircraft goes through while in the air ;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First mod, getting rid of that stupid remote control antenna lol. Replaced it with the one off my old ZZE123 Corolla.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny...at first, I was disappointed we here in the States we're getting the 5 door model. Now seeing your 3 door, I can honestly say that I like and appreciate both models and would be happy with either. Although, I do prefer 4 doors for convenience. Somewhat off topic...Cheers mate on your FiST!!!

Btw...you're probably drooling on your pillow at this hour...but definitely buy mountune's full induction kit. Too bad you can't get a tune from Randy Robles as of now...but the kit is the cat's meow...I'm loving mine...and the high flow induction hose...enjoy!
I actually prefer the 5dr better... also you have Envy Green! ;) My Corolla was painted the Focus RS green before... (man i still miss that car) looked the goods and i enjoyed the neck snapping from different people :p It's 10.40am and im at work :)

Thanks moite. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually prefer the 5dr better... also you have Envy Green! ;) My Corolla was painted the Focus RS green before... (man i still miss that car) looked the goods and i enjoyed the neck snapping from different people :p It's 10.40am and im at work :)

Thanks moite. :D
Greetings from sunny Arizona. It's fun to see your car because it looks so much like mine, but with two fewer doors. Since I live in the U.S., who knows if I'll ever see one with two doors in person. I've owned at least 14 cars, and I think this is the first one I've owned with four doors. I would've gotten the two door if it was available in the U.S., but I loved the rest of the car so much I bought it anyway. Now, I'm actually finding the extra doors to be quite convenient, even if I still think it doesn't look quite as cool. I've noticed that having the extra doors also creates extra work when detailing. The door sills and so forth for the rear doors must be cleaned. I use Zaino products for detailing, and I wouldn't use anything else.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
nice dude... yeah i don't mind 2 doors. i have short man syndrome so getting in and out isnt a problem for me even though i will soon to have 2 kids lol. but 5 door is a bit more convenient. My wife actually minds about it but I loved the car so much i had to buy it. it was either this or the swift sport... but for 2k extra and a shit load more power it was a no brainer for me. lol

ok back to the mods.as i waited for my rims i got a pair of these...

after install...

drivers side (right) i got -2 camber. passengers side got -3. From factory the left already had -1 camber... umm...

also dropped the engine oil at 1k then 5k. dropped the gearbox oil at 3k and also did a track day... video is uploading on youtube as we speak lol. Glad i dropped the oil at those kms. found metal shavings in the oil. but was crying over the price of the gearbox fluid lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
few happy snaps in the northern area through reefton and marysville mountains... H11 HID 3k piss yellow colour for JDM yo! goodness

was praying to GOD someone doesn't fly up the mountain into my car lol.

oh yeah... by then i installed the slim line weather shields as well lol... ebay ones as ford don't make them for the car :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now, after a long 8 week wait for these wheels... they finally arrived at my door step. next day i mounted the Toyo T1Rs on and damn they look good!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x8 +35ET in Matt Black. They show a blue tinge when light shines upon them ;)

Hella Flush in the rear... tucked in a bit on the front... perfect. Maximum track width and tyre without having to mod any fenders ;)

As for the Toyo T1Rs? In the dry they give awesome grip. In the wet? Absolutely rubbish! -_- Need to look for new tyres. Don't want to be hitting a wet patch mid corner at speed and forfeiting my life early.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
SOOOOOO... need a small update. Almost hit 30,000kms on the fiesta and its still going great. Bought a black bonnet and a black spoiler from a sydney wrecker a while back. Put on the bonnet first but will put the spoiler once i get enough money to wrap my roof lol. Pixxxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks great, definitely confirms my desire to get black wheels for my Molten Orange FiST... I'm leaning towards the 16" route at the moment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A few days later, I put a coat if this on...

pretty pricey at almost $300 for the 1L bottle but hell its been stuck every since i put it on the first day. bird shit and the like comes off with a wipe and it goes on everything and wipes off and your done! beats 6 hours of detailing with the old wax and stuff from megs and the like! For my whole car i've used less than 100ml full strength. Recommend to everyone! Main dealer is in sydney. GET ON IT! Oh make sure you get the aircraft grade. It's the strongest ;) u imagine what an aircraft goes through while in the air ;)

How does this stuff work in cold temperatures, does it keep the car looking shinny in the snow? I'm thinking about getting some for my ST soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
now, after a long 8 week wait for these wheels... they finally arrived at my door step. next day i mounted the Toyo T1Rs on and damn they look good!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x8 +35ET in Matt Black. They show a blue tinge when light shines upon them ;)

Hella Flush in the rear... tucked in a bit on the front... perfect. Maximum track width and tyre without having to mod any fenders ;)

As for the Toyo T1Rs? In the dry they give awesome grip. In the wet? Absolutely rubbish! -_- Need to look for new tyres. Don't want to be hitting a wet patch mid corner at speed and forfeiting my life early.

Look's nice.

What is the size of your toyo tire? 205/40R17? or 215/40R17?

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry i didn't see this post.

Mine are 215/40r17

My car recently got in a minor accident. Insurance paying for the new light weight rims and new tyres :) will update soon...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts