Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried launching there fiesta or have all you guys just kinda rolled into it. If you guys have what rpm? I want to try I just feel like I'm gonna break something. Maybe I could just be used to my old 05 gto that I could launch at like 3k it'd hook and go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have at 4k you get a good amount of wheel spin

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
While I haven't launched the ST, the best way for a turbo FWD car I've found would be rev to 3k-ish, and DON'T dump the clutch. Slip it, aggressively. You can avoid wheelspin and still launch right into the boost.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Launch at 3K, feather the throttle, If you get too much wheel spin, short shift to 2nd when in boost and go WOT.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm just thinking out loud (er... whatever) here, but I wonder if COBB could add a program with the AP for a step system to assist launches? You know like how the FiST rally car when you hold the e-brake and plant the throttle it bounces off 4k or something like that. Dunno if it's possible but it would be fricken cool if they could.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man sounds like I need to order a Cobb. I just ordered my fswerks and should be here Tuesday. Maybe I'll have to order one Monday to get that 2 step. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Man sounds like I need to order a Cobb. I just ordered my fswerks and should be here Tuesday. Maybe I'll have to order one Monday to get that 2 step. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2 step is not out yet COBB says they may release it once their tuner software is out for the FiST so SORRY if I confused anyone on this point it is only out for the FoST as of today...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
72 Posts
3000rpm+ is too much all you will get is wheel spin, you can feather it, but what you really want is to slingshot off the line. And short shifting into 2nd might cause you to drop to much rpm, which will cause you too bog.
for me, sports mode and holding the rpm at 2500-2800rpm works best. now all you need to do is too experiment with how fast you depress the accelerator pedal and release the clutch. too slow and the rpm will dip and you will bog, too fast and you will once again get wheel spin. once you have actually gotten off of the line in 1st gear, do not pull it all the way to redline you are just going to be wasting time in a zone where the FiST's power and torque is dropping off. snap change too 2nd between 5500rpm-6000rpm. If you change fast enough you will be right back into a nice band of torque. And you should get some wheel spin into 2nd. The key is to sling shot off of the line and not too lose momentum through the gears, when you bog you lose momentum .I found in the FiST that when the rpm drops too about 4000rpm you bog and you lose momentum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
3000rpm+ is too much all you will get is wheel spin, you can feather it, but what you really want is to slingshot off the line. And short shifting into 2nd might cause you to drop to much rpm, which will cause you too bog.
for me, sports mode and holding the rpm at 2500-2800rpm works best. now all you need to do is too experiment with how fast you depress the accelerator pedal and release the clutch. too slow and the rpm will dip and you will bog, too fast and you will once again get wheel spin. once you have actually gotten off of the line in 1st gear, do not pull it all the way to redline you are just going to be wasting time in a zone where the FiST's power and torque is dropping off. snap change too 2nd between 5500rpm-6000rpm. If you change fast enough you will be right back into a nice band of torque. And you should get some wheel spin into 2nd. The key is to sling shot off of the line and not too lose momentum through the gears, when you bog you lose momentum .I found in the FiST that when the rpm drops too about 4000rpm you bog and you lose momentum.
Ok so I have chirped the tires from 1st to 2nd before hitting it hard . Good to know that is normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts