Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So summer's almost here and last weekend was one of those first nice few days of the year, about 76-82 degrees F. Noticed the car didn't pull quite as hard as during the beginning of spring, around 50-60 degrees F.

It gets pretty insanely hot and humid here in MA. Are we going to lose a lot of power to the heat? Does a larger intercooler fix this?

The STi's ive had before all felt sluggish and average in the summer time.

· Registered
728 Posts
Upgrade your IC and it shouldn't effect you as much.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

· Registered
361 Posts
Duct tape a person of diminutive stature to your bumper to pour ice water thru the IC while driving? J/k.

I know my cobalt SS wasn't as fun during the summer, and it had air to water IC. Warm weather just isn't as much fun.

Reactions: Juntech

· Registered
488 Posts
I never understood why some hi-po car use air to water intercoolers, I guess its a packaging thing but man is it inefficient

The new M3/M4/M5 all have it, just makes me SMH....so much potential wasted.

· Registered
361 Posts
I never understood why some hi-po car use air to water intercoolers, I guess its a packaging thing but man is it inefficient

The new M3/M4/M5 all have it, just makes me SMH....so much potential wasted.
I know on the cobalt I was the supercharged version that used air to water, the turbo ones were air based. With a roots style blower an air to air isn't practical.

· Registered
488 Posts
Water has a high specific heat.
Yes true but that also means once water reaches that specific heat range, it is more likely to retain that heat, thus it does not disperse the heat very well = always warm / hot charge air temperature for the car

· Registered
488 Posts
No doubt ice is nice when there is a supply of ice, but it always ends up melting lol, then you need more ice with more power and more heat! For purpose built cars, iced water to air might work, but for the average street car, water to air set-up tend to leak / break with age, and over complicate things with complex packaging. Different purpose, different strokes I guess.

· Registered
170 Posts
Water meth ftw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.