Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I know everyone has been asking a lot about our exhaust setup, so I wanted to update everyone with where we are on that project. We currently have a prototype catless turbo-back setup on our shop Fiesta St now and I must say, it sounds VERY good. These components will be available within a few weeks and I will be sure to keep everyone updated as details emerge!

Thanks!

Nik @ Levels

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice . any Drone at speed ??

Not really. I haven't been on the highway with it yet but it seems pretty tame with the current setup. I plan to offer a "street" version which will have a muffler towards the rear. This setup has just one resonator near the downpipe.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Would definitely like to see/hear more of this! Those tips are gigantic though..

Any kind if #'s yet for this system, CEL with decat etc?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah, keep us posted on the "other" street version as well. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Best I have seen/heard so far. I would like a muffler though. I feel a little old to sound like the kid down the street from me with his early model WRX. What kind of pricing are we looking at and I am guessing we'll need a tune?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Best I have seen/heard so far. I would like a muffler though. I feel a little old to sound like the kid down the street from me with his early model WRX. What kind of pricing are we looking at and I am guessing we'll need a tune?
It's a bit too loud for my tastes too... don't think my zero lot neighbors would appreciate it either! lol :p

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
923 Posts
I also didn't see any smoke, but if its cold enough outside "smoke" can appear upon start up. Also on direct injected motors when they run rich a ploom of white smoke can appear out of the exhaust when they run rich..
Yeah. That. I remember driving my MS3 to meet up with a prospective buyer and gave it some spool and looked out back and saw a big plume. After a few stabs at the throttle, it went away. I couldn't let that happen on the test drive. hahaha.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
369 Posts
The "smoke" is just water vapor mostly. Cat gets hot and begins working you'll see it go away. It's the same you'll see on almost every car in the winter when its really cold they start up begin driving around. It's just more pronounced on catless systems :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts