Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Was that on 93 octane? That's pretty high compared to the other dyno pulls on YouTube I've seen. Makes me want to schedule a dyno appointment...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was that on 93 octane? That's pretty high compared to the other dyno pulls on YouTube I've seen. Makes me want to schedule a dyno appointment...

yes 93 octane. I am very excited to see what kind of power we can make with our bolt on products.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Strong #'s! Y'all should take it to the strip and see what it does.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am a retired mechanical engineer that designed and built 2 and 4 stroke engines for 20 something years. Break-in is more important than you think, despite manufacturers almost completely ignoring that fact in the owners manual. Once you get some miles on these cars they will run even better... I've driven 10+ new units (test driven cars I had no intentions of buying..lol) and they certainly were not created equal. One even had a check engine light and would not make power. heh. It appears the dyno runs are all over the place right now (but each dyno is different and each run is only as good as the operator). My FiST has less than 100 miles on it. I was lucky as I took delivery of the car within 24 hours of it being dropped. Only 8 miles on the ODO. If anyone would like break in tips with detailed information, drop me a PM.

Reactions: aborbs87 and Sekred

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pelontonrace2, would mind making a post with your recommendations. As in a separate thread. I'd like to make that a sticky for future members to read here on the forums.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
923 Posts
Pelontonrace2, would mind making a post with your recommendations. As in a separate thread. I'd like to make that a sticky for future members to read here on the forums.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Done. :) But I'm not sure I put the post in the right place. You can move it where it needs to be if you like.

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
923 Posts
Also, I have a couple questions about the dyno test. Dyno brand and model? What correction and smoothing did you use on that run? Also how many miles on the car? Just curious... Thanks in advance. Looking forward to seeing what you are coming out with to support the FiST platform.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, I have a couple questions about the dyno test. Dyno brand and model? What correction and smoothing did you use on that run? Also how many miles on the car? Just curious... Thanks in advance. Looking forward to seeing what you are coming out with to support the FiST platform.

I will have to check on which dyno they have and the correction. The Fiesta has about 2750 miles on it

·
Registered
923 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts