Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Holy shit is right. Brembo brake kit for our cars? Damn!!! I'd be interested if there are any weight savings over OEM setup.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Holy shit is right. Brembo brake kit for our cars? Damn!!! I'd be interested if there are any weight savings over OEM setup.
I doubt they would be lighter but they would offer much better performance on a track

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I doubt they would be lighter but they would offer much better performance on a track
Depending on the Rotor used they could save a few pounds and if the lighter calipers are used a few more there maybe but they sure would look pretty and with a good set of pads work better at the track. ;) But would they be cost effective ?? now if you doing it just for looks well you can't put a price on that its too personal of a choice ;) lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
85 Posts
The rotors host a floating aluminum hat by the looks of it. I don't think brembo would increase the width of the rotors by much as this car doesn't need it because the FiST won't reach higher speeds on the track. However, I think the rear rotors are now ventilated, so they in turn will be heavier. The removable bridge is a nice design for easier pad swaps.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The rotors host a floating aluminum hat by the looks of it. I don't think brembo would increase the width of the rotors by much as this car doesn't need it because the FiST won't reach higher speeds on the track. However, I think the rear rotors are now ventilated, so they in turn will be heavier. The removable bridge is a nice design for easier pad swaps.
It doesn't look like they are alloy hats. They will likely have an alloy hat version though.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Torque figures are low. Pumabuild/Finsport are all getting in excess of 370Nm wit their tunes.
Yes, but different car, different locale and different dyno. Power claims are just that, "claims". The same Pumabuild/Finsport car on THEIR dyno may read significantly lower. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Uhhm, let me just set you straight. Finsport traveled the whole of UK and produced results on every dyno. Both wheel and Hub dynos.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Uhhm, let me just set you straight. Finsport traveled the whole of UK and produced results on every dyno. Both wheel and Hub dynos.
I did not say they would not provide positive "results" on any dyno, I said no two dynos will show the exact same results. You will NOT get *identical* numbers on different dynos (even same makes or models). To say you can achieve exact target of 235hp on any car or any dyno with exact same mods (or even stock) is pure poppy bull. For instance, I've seen as much as a 10-20hp difference between a Mustang Dyno and a Dynojet with all of my vehicles over the last 20+ years. I've also seen as much as a 15hp difference between two bone stock vehicles (same make and model) on the exact same dyno, on the same day. Some vehicles are simply more efficient than others, sometimes modifications narrow that difference and sometimes adding like mods makes the difference more pronounced, car to car, dyno to dyno. That's just the way it is. Even doing dyno runs on a different day (on the same dyno) will provide different numbers (peak and curves) without a LOT of correction to compensate for atmospheric (and other) differences. And even then, a dyno run is only as good as it's operator (and the information provided) and whether or not you are using actual or corrected numbers). Even the smoothing/correction settings make a difference on a dyno graph. A skilled dyno operator can manipulate the results of a run just by changing input numbers. That's all I meant by that statement. :)Anyone with substantial dyno experience will also tell you the same thing. I stand by my statement of "duplicating EXACT numbers" on every car and every dyno is hogwash. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts