Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any long road trips? Like a couple of 8 hour days in the car? What's the ride like after hours on the road? What about the seats...Recaros or cloth, not the width but comfort for a road trip car? What about "highway drone"?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I have had the first and second generation Cobb units. What is there about he 3rd is there that I would sit and watch it? Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
139 Posts
Colin you wouldn't happen to drive an OX White fiesta do you? I swore I saw a white fiesta ST on the 8 Freeway. It could be someone else and maybe a non fiesta.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm 30 and have taken this thing on two longer road trips. First one was 7 hour (each way) stint down to Tennessee and the most recent was a 4 hour there and 6 hour return trip to NJ for the holidays. The trip to NJ i can the little car packed with to the max along with two decent sized dogs in there. Sometimes over expansion joints the car can get a bit choppy, but that's expected b/c of the short wheel base. Overall it does great on the trips. My one complaint is the stiff suspension, it has a tendency to "crash" over large bumps/dips and such vs absorb them. Small price to pay for how fun it is to drive. I use a lot of cruise control on the trips and have averaged about 30mpg on both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 30 and have taken this thing on two longer road trips. First one was 7 hour (each way) stint down to Tennessee and the most recent was a 4 hour there and 6 hour return trip to NJ for the holidays. The trip to NJ i can the little car packed with to the max along with two decent sized dogs in there. Sometimes over expansion joints the car can get a bit choppy, but that's expected b/c of the short wheel base. Overall it does great on the trips. My one complaint is the stiff suspension, it has a tendency to "crash" over large bumps/dips and such vs absorb them. Small price to pay for how fun it is to drive. I use a lot of cruise control on the trips and have averaged about 30mpg on both.
No Offense, but I have kids your age.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No Offense, but I have kids your age.
No offense taken :) Wasn't implying i was old or young...just stated my age as a fact and my thoughts on my longer road trips for people to take as they will.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts