Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Fiesta ST, probably same schematics or very close for other models.
I want to see if I can bypass at least the speaker level outputs which I can probably do without the schematics but would be a nice help to have them.

Also looking to go deeper into it but not likely to work out as most use a DSP/DAC in later vehicles I have worked on. If I got lucky, DSP after the DAC.....then get a cleaner signal to work with.....at least no factory goofy EQing.....for the lousy speaker placements, etc.......

I wish more would hire audio engineers and let them actually do their job or at least like the 07 Tundra LTD I had, I spoke with the head engineer at the company that did audio system, they only had so much budget but the speakers were pretty decent and there was a pretty darn good sound stage and tuning. Just adding in an amp made for a very good system but of course it could be better yet but it was a great starting point.

The MyFord system is pure crap.....but if I can bypass some of it to make for less processing, reprocessing, etc....as I need to keep the stock HU and do not want a bunch of other stuff in the car, just some EQing, I have an amp with the crossovers, I can dial in the sound stage without TA, at least have in the other cars and trucks I have done over the years, only used a tiny bit of TA once. (stock tweeter locations will not work for sure, stupid placement to say the least)

Thanks

· Registered
15 Posts
It boggles my mind as to why any audio manufacturer could not/ would not put one extra setting: DSP OFF. It is available on just about every aftermarket stereo. It's stupid that whoever "tuned" the audio decided "This is the way everyone will want to hear music!"

Considering the shape of the thing and the integration of all the car functions, they know the vast majority will never replace the stupid factory head unit. All I want is a clean audio signal and I hate that I will have to shell out for an aftermarket dsp down the road.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately they do the things they do, put in cheap speakers in bad places, "tune" it to make it a bit "better" and charge as much as they can for it, the Bose stuff being about as bad as it can get, most of which goes right in the trash when I swap one out, that bad.

If just a clean signal available then a simple solution like a line driver/EQ would make a huge improvement.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody found these yet?

I really want to find a way to bypass the factory tuning if possible and have a line level out to a real processor, it would be the absolute best way to make the stock based HU sound very very good. There are some reasonably priced processors out now and I have a couple here to test once I figure this out. I can just use speaker level outs from the stock HU but that is far from optimal for many reasons.

Of course anything I learn will be passed on unless it comes from a pro that asks me not to if they are developing a solution for us.

Rick

· Registered
2 Posts
You can find schematics for the Fiesta, as well as any other Ford vehicle from Helm. These are the same manuals that the dealership has. However, you need to purchase them. I have them for all of my mustangs, but never got one for my Fiesta as I will be trading it in sometime in the next few months for an ST. You can get them here. Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated The wiring diagrams usually run about $85. I see that the 2015 manuals aren't yet available, but the 2014s are for $79.Hope that helps.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately and no shop manual will have them, I need schematics of the internals of the stock audio system, manuals only have the wiring harnesses and sometimes basic block diagrams of the internals but I need circuit board level drawings to do what I want to do.

I might be able to figure it out when I get around to opening it up and look at some of the chips then look into the manf info on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.