Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Part pckg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Joker, I can only see half of your picture.... Where are you guys ordering the replacement part from? Now, my '14 FiST is doing it and I'm at 58,xxx miles... ZERO problems otherwise!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Weird, when I quoted your picture Joker, now I can see the entire package and part number. Still curious as to where you guys are ordering the part from...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now my 15 is doing this with 76k on the odometer. Looks like I will be replacing this also. Seems like a common problem. 5 pages on a forum about it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine just started doing this about a couple days ago. I thought maybe it was the cd player loading initially though and took my cd out. Somehow, oddly enough, it did help a little because I don't hear it after starting anymore and it's somewhat random but it still occurs which is what brought me here looking for a solution...

My milage is at 54k+ though. A bit more than others here and I have an extended warranty so hopefully this should help...I'll need to take mine in soon.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just started happening to me last night. A few weeks ago my heat would not come on when expected, then all of the sudden would start to blow warm air. Last night I turn my car on 2 times and as soon as I did, the noise happened exactly like how everyone has explained. I have a 2014 SFX 1.0 Turbo with 80Km and I'm so ticked! I only drive it in the summer and have used it this year because of the warm weather. Thanks for all the posts... hopefully I can get this done rather inexpensively.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks to Mbuccy for such a useful posting. No BS, no profanity, just good stuff.

Quite a bit of work on this subject has happened in the 2+ years since that post. Youtube now has several videos on how to get easier access to the actuator (pull out the steering column's plastic shrouding), but I've now twice replaced one of the two actuators in my 2014 Titanium hatch, and had to pirate parts out of one old one to fix the second one. This isn't a simple job the first time, so a few things that might prove helpful:

Access: I pulled out both the airbag and the column shrouding. It was worth the work. It's almost impossible to do this job with out dropping a screw or a tool and that's also the only way to get enough light in to see what you're doing. Getting the right hand nut off the airbag mounting bolt is a really horrible job, so while I had the assembly out, I shortened the right hand bolt by about 1/4 inch and replaced the nylock nut with a common machine nut and lock washer, plus Loctite. Much easier going back together.

The PC board: Assume the replacement doesn't have one. The replacements, even from Ford, don't have one. That's because these actuators are used on both the left and right side of the console (the second one is behind the glove box - piece of cake to replace) and the right hand one doesn't need the brain. Look at the pins in the electrical socket on the one you pull out - if there are only two connector pins, there's no PC board inside. Put the old one in.

Mounting: Ford uses this same actuator all across the vehicle lineup, and mounts vary. That's why there's a small mod needed to make them mount properly in the Fiesta, and I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. On the side of the plastic air channel you're mounting the actuator to, by the hole for the bottom mounting screw, is a flat plastic tab. The case of the actuator won't seat on that tab unless you file or cut out the correct molded section of the cross-shaped locator hole in the side of the actuator. That's a pretty convoluted explanation; here's pics of the modified and unmodified locating hole. If you don't do this, and just force the actuator down tight with the two mounting screws, you'll break the screw sockets on the case of the actuator. Ask me how I know. I'm a klutz, OK?

Before modification, as shipped:

After carefully clearing out the hole:

It really tics me off that Ford hasn't improved the durability of these actuators in half a decade or longer. They're still flimsy and I fully expect to have to do this again if I own the car for another couple of years. At least RockAuto will consider replacing one that goes bad within a year or so. That helped me, and gave me what I need for a reasonable price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 fiesta is making loud clicks too when I put the center heat on for about 1 minute then stops . Was told by dealership it will cost $135 to investigate then possibly $1000 to fix. My first and last Ford. A couple months ago the hood sensor failed. Cost about $350 to find the problem and fix it. Not happy. Losing my love for this cute car.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yesterday, my 2014 FiST started producing a series of loud clicking sounds emanating from the center of the dash. The clicks start shortly after the car is started and only last about 8 seconds. This evening, I captured the strangeness on video. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and what folks think it might be.
** Ford fiesta own 2 - 2014 fiesta st and standard fiesta - Manufacter mechanical part you speak of is called " Blender Accuator " mines been replaced 2 times in my 2014 fiesta st model 2nd fiesta 2014 model same thing .. 3 times on st model 2 times on standard 2014 fiesta .. ( ** LOOK AT YOUR FORD WARANTEE IN - DEPTH - Ford should diagnose and replace the part at there cost , my cars in repair cost me 50 $ deductable .. * Another fact trunks collect standing water ( Vents were not propwrly sealed at Ford Factories on that issue , as well floorboard have standiing water -- water on your carpet soaks Electrical wiring routed thru your fiesta under your carpeting - Is your car Under warantee for Electrical shortages due to water damaging unexposed visual wiring operating your electrical systems ? .. oh the Joys of owning the Fiestas .. * and be aware Dealerships eill say We have a Company who can Diangnose that water leak for you ( trying to make you pay the fee .. Amazing what you can learn on You tube videos .. just Factory manufactured issues Ford will offer to help you diagnose at your cost to pass on business to a water diagnois company who happens to come for them special appointments conviently to there dealership lots . And the beauty of it all .. When they try to Sell you a New Car - lol - be very aware of that pressure gimmick as well when a Ford dealership says " Well lets loom into your options .. Been there done it .. You tube can teach you alot .. * And what if your dealership you boought 2 ford fiestas at go out of business .. The dealership you deal with next says well we didnt sell you those cars .. Though any ford travels with a warantee thru the corporation .. quite a thing some should also be aware of in you also have water leaking and a dealership acts " Oblivious why " . Best of luck :)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts