Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's a direct Bolt on. Sorry no group buys. We don't have any at this time...slow to get them in.
We have two in stock that have small shipping damage at a discounted price.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
The splitter you guys have says "requires the drilling of several holes." That doesn't sound like bolt on to me....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is that all it requires? I've heard there's lots of hacking involved with the one they offer.
If you consider drilling hols hacking then that's what you are hearing. Most aftermarket parts require drilling hols for installation :)
Yes, all you need to do is drill 8 small hols under the front bumper cover to install the front splitter.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Has anybody used this on track? I would like a splitter but it must provide a real benefit and not come loose at speed, quite high speed as I will have a very quick ST on track.
I do like the looks of a good splitter and have made my own, starting with air dams back in the 70s's when we did not know much about splitters.....but always function over looks though try to make them look the best I can.

If I can get more down force with a splitter and wing extensions then I want to do it, as long as not falling off the car at speed that is, it can be a very dangerous situation to say the least.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks,

I will try and swing by on Monday and take a look at the damage since I'm only a few buildings down.

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anybody used this on track? I would like a splitter but it must provide a real benefit and not come loose at speed, quite high speed as I will have a very quick ST on track.
I do like the looks of a good splitter and have made my own, starting with air dams back in the 70s's when we did not know much about splitters.....but always function over looks though try to make them look the best I can.

If I can get more down force with a splitter and wing extensions then I want to do it, as long as not falling off the car at speed that is, it can be a very dangerous situation to say the least.
They should work good for the track and I could see it being functional as long as it is installed properly using all the 8 mounting bolts.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It does look like it will work I have to agree:)

There is not much subatantial on the car to mount it to so that makes me concerned with high speed use but I am looking into possibly ditching the air damn under the car and making a long and wide undertray with ducts like the C6 World Challenge Vette one I had for my race car. If all tied together and possibly a couple or more, support rods.....I do not want the car to look to racy for the street so have to work this out carefully.

It is much easier to start with something designed well and add to it instead of from scratch, many times easier:)

Do you have the weight of the unit?

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not bad weight at all:)

It looks like the middle section lets air flow through it and to the air damn, I would have to contemplate what to do there, might be fine, might need sealed off or duct it to the IC and then back out below the radiator for more cooling.......

I do like the looks, next concern is getting in and out of the toyhauler and not rubbing it and breaking it though I do have the longest "Race Ramps" made to extend the tailgate.

I might order one to just check it out to see what I can do:)

Thanks
Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts