Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was gonna attempted to install it today but was running out of sunlight so I'll have it get around to it this week. I think the hardest part is gonna be trying to tap the plastic tubbing where it go to throttle body. So here is a question I have. Could I inject right after the sound symposer or no? It looks like it's all tied into the throttle body. But I'm curious. Or any other ideas? I think I'm gonna try to put the pump under the passenger headlight using the factory windshield wiper tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Are you planning on getting a custom tune after the install?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I'm gonna run it on a toggle switch. Then once toggle is active the boost module can figure out how much to inject. Kinda like a nitrous set up. I don't want it on 24/7. My buddy has his set up the same way on a FOST with no tune and it crazy cause when he flips the switch and it kicks on you can definitely tell a difference. But any help on if I can inject right there after the sound symposer?

· Registered
412 Posts
I don't a lot about it, I know the principle of how it works but have never play around with it myself.
Saying that, I would have the injection nozzle directly inline with the throttle body to maximise even delivery to the intake ports and not on a bend before the throttle body where it may cause uneven flow problems.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
To be fair, Lohan would be a much better choice for that meme - as "nuts" as she appears to be outwardly I think that M Cyrus knows exactly what she is doing and more or less the insanity is an act. She does love to smoke green (not that there's anything wrong with that), but realistically, aside from making a scene at deliberate public appearances, there's no "miley arrest video" or "miley dui video"... and last I checked she's not currently involved in criminal prosecution or probation. She may be a stoner but she actually has her shit together in real life - which is why I'm okay with her. She is much smarter than she lets on.

AFAIK Miley's done LSD and E and smoked a grip of tree, but I don't think she's done the meth. Note how even in the second picture she still has nice skin and all of her teeth. Now look at Lindsay's skin by comparison and the difference becomes clear. but enough about the meme image.

Now for my legitimate contribution to the topic.
Haven't thought about doing methanol injection on the Fiesta but we had great luck with the SNOW meth kit on the F-350 Diesel we had for the NMRA/NMCA races, and I know the Audi guys really go nuts for meth injection because those bastards run hot as hell.

· Registered
72 Posts
To be fair, Lohan would be a much better choice for that meme - as "nuts" as she appears to be outwardly I think that M Cyrus knows exactly what she is doing and more or less the insanity is an act. She does love to smoke green (not that there's anything wrong with that), but realistically, aside from making a scene at deliberate public appearances, there's no "miley arrest video" or "miley dui video"... and last I checked she's not currently involved in criminal prosecution or probation. She may be a stoner but she actually has her shit together in real life - which is why I'm okay with her. She is much smarter than she lets on.

AFAIK Miley's done LSD and E and smoked a grip of tree, but I don't think she's done the meth. Note how even in the second picture she still has nice skin and all of her teeth. Now look at Lindsay's skin by comparison and the difference becomes clear
Dafuq is going on here?

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so after taking done measurements and you guys saying the nozzle needs to be higher then the level of the take well where I'm gonna inject the meth is 17inch from the ground and the stock windshield resivior with a gallon of liquad is 24in to the top of 1 gallon of liquad. With that being said that is gonna be almost impossible to get the nozzle higher then the tank will it still gravity feed even if I run the line from the top of the windshield wiper tank to the bottom! Or will it still gravity feed?

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Just drill/tap the main pipe after the boost sensor, before the throttlebody. Use lock-tight to keep it from moving/backing out (red). Face the open side of the injector towards the intercooler away from the throttle body ( help atomize/break up the mixture ).

And no. You don't need a tune at all. Could you gain more power with it when getting a custom tune? Sure. But that means a couple things...
#1 car NEEDS/requires meth injection to run WOT.
#2 if the injection system has a failure, you could have a big failure.
#3 more money/time.

If you put the injector after the intercooler, but BEFORE the boost sensor, then that sensor will see the colder intake temps, and increase timing/power. That maybe a better idea actually. But its sort of "yet to be seen" on this car. Other wise, the charge temp will actually be much cooler than what the ECU thinks.

Unless you have reliable, easy accessible 100% meth, just use windshield washer fluid with the highest content of meth you can find.

In my personal experience ( years on my srt4 ), 100% water keeps it from knocking the best, but made me run a smaller nozzle. 100% meth let me run the biggest nozzle which lead to the best results for me because the stock srt4 turbo could only atomize so much liquid. The greater volume of liquid made a bigger difference. Issue is... 100% meth isn't around every street corner. You could use E85 which is damn close to the samething if that's in your area.

E85 is everywhere in SoCal, and if its properties are actually close to meth thanks to the cooler burn temps it makes much more sense why RRE tunes Evos and FR-Ses to run on E85, and why you can have a 900hp turbo Camaro running E85

Curious how close the drop in temps are between meth relative to e85.

· Registered
180 Posts
E85 is everywhere in SoCal, and if its properties are actually close to meth thanks to the cooler burn temps it makes much more sense why RRE tunes Evos and FR-Ses to run on E85, and why you can have a 900hp turbo Camaro running E85

Curious how close the drop in temps are between meth relative to e85.
The issue with e85 is that the OE high pressure fuel pump cannot output the volume necessary to adequately fuel the motor with e85.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Who needs a horn anyway right ?? Lol

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Who needs a horn anyway right ?? Lol
That's why the flying spaghetti monster gave us all vocal chords... If you subscribe to that sort of thing of course.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Would have loved to have seen a before and after dyno

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I still have my before dyno which I haven't changed much beside the meth kit. But according to the accessport it's adding anywhere from 3.50 to 4.40 of timing. Not seen a negative member. Also my charge temps tonight where 65.1 degrees with a 84 ambient air temp.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Nice man, get it on a dyno so we can see the difference! Imagine if you had a custom tune with it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.