Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to order wheels and tires. I don't want to order the $45.00 TPMS trigger from Tirerack if it is not needed. Is there some in cabin method of resetting the TPMS sensors? How is it done? Stuntdoogie, I know you originally had a TPMS issue... what was the fix? :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You gonna need a trigger unless you take it to the dealer...
I forgot how Audiphile did. He did it pretty darn fast. I can also send you the pdf Adrian from tirerack sent me on the steps so PM me your email if you want it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
this works, Hello, Hopefully this post will help others save time, money and keep their hair from graying more rapidly. I bought some winter tires and wheels from Tire Rack with the TPMS sensors already installed. I put the wheels on my car myself and thought it would be a simple task to set the sensors for the car. I struggled for more than week trying to get the sensors to be recognized by the car. There are bunch of different procedures for getting the car into "TMPS learn" mode. Tire Rack does not know the proper procedure for the Fiesta ST. I found one method that did get the car into learn mode but it still didn't work. Today, I decided to give up for now and take it to NTB and have them do it for $5 a wheel. I took it there and they said the car was too new and they couldn't help me. So, I called a Ford dealer, they could help me next week if I scheduled an appointment and the cost would be $65. This was enough to encourage me to keep trying on my own. I will need to do this again in the spring when I put my summer tires and wheels back on. And this will be repeated twice a year, year after year. I found a link to a video for the TMPS setup on a Ford Flex on thetpmsforum.com. This method was different from the other methods I had tried so I gave it shot. It worked and in less than 2 minutes I had all four sensors linked to the car! If you have are swapping in four wheels and sensors, this the procedure. Training new TMPS sensors for a Fiesta ST: - You may need to drive the car for 20 or 30 minutes to get the TPMS fault light to come on before you start. - Make sure the tires are inflated to the proper psi. - With the car off, press and release the brake pedal. - Press the ignition button and turn it on then off 3 times ending with it on. - Press and release the brake pedal. - Press the ignition button to turn it off. - Press the ignition button and turn it on then off 3 times ending with it on. - The horn should sound once and a message to train the left front tire should appear on the MyFord Touch screen. - Use the TPMS-19 (TPMS-19-8C2Z-1A203-A) transmitter to train each wheel, starting the the left front and going clockwise around the car. You hold the transmitter against the sidewall, near the valve stem. If you are doing a simple tire rotation, there is a another method below for getting the car into TMPS train mode which might work for rotations. For a 4 wheel swap, use the method above. - Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. - Push the start button without pressing the clutch. - Push the hazard light (emergency flasher) button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" on the MyFord Touch screen. Drive safe. Hiram

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You gonna need a trigger unless you take it to the dealer...
I forgot how Audiphile did. He did it pretty darn fast. I can also send you the pdf Adrian from tirerack sent me on the steps so PM me your email if you want it.
Did Audiphile use the trigger or did he just do the method above?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need the trigger tool to initialize new sensors for the procedure above. Unfortunately you cannot do without it

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think a major outlet like Discount Tire will have those?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I figure that, like in the old days, I can monitor my own tire pressures. So, when I got snows and wheels, I didn't spring for the TPMS sensors, and just learned to live with the light on the dashboard. Each time I see it, I think about the $180 that I saved.

·
Registered
369 Posts
FWIW...amazon has the tool for 31 bucks and free 2 day shipping if you have prime. It's where I ordered mine from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts