Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Did a bit of shopping lately as I couldn't resist the Mountune 10% off sale earlier last week. Was also up for new tyres (The RE050As were on their way out after 34400kms in under 2 years), so i opted for the Bridgestone RE003's in 215/40R17. Prior to this I imported a set of Ford Racing Wheels (17x7).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ah yeah forgot to mention the Tints.

Havent taken the car for a good solid drive as yet to see how the RE003s go but just the casual drive to work with some spirited corners seem very promising.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Decided to paint the calipers red, over the weekend as I was quite bored. The condition of the calipers prior were actually quite clean but the use of a good brake cleaner, elbow grease and an air compressor made them even better. I'm a bit anal about the prep so it took me a good 1 hour just to get then as clean as I could.

With the help of a good mates missus we got stuck into it and masked everything up. Used VHT High Temp Caliper Paint in red with 3 coats every 15-20mins plus one coat of clear. I had a heat gun also which helped between coats I was a bit worried once the clear went on as the calipers looked pink, but once it dried it produced a deep shiny red.

Quite happy with the result.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Bit of fun with the GoPro + External Mic positioned in the engine bay. Some interesting sounds and LOUD NOISES.

Took part in my first ever trackday @ Marulan Driver Training Center. Lots of fun was had. I started getting the hang of it by the last session. Please excuast dodgy lines and braking, was there to set records.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Long time between drinks and a few more updates.

1. Just ticked over 50000 glorious kilometers. Time has flown from the date of pickup back in Nov 2013 and its all been a blast. Would like to possibly get the front bumper resprayed and black plastics painted.

2. Finally got the Moutnune Downpipe installed after nearly a year in the garage. A mates brother owns a workshop and installed it for a great price and a case of beer. Definitely one of the best additions to the car apart from the Tune & Exhaust. Revs a lot more free and bit more burble in the exhaust on lift off.

3. Finally installed a set of Head Light Covers after more than a year in the garage. Picked these up with the help of Nevermind and just sprayed them with Night Shades Spray. Took about 1 hour including drying of 2 coats.I am not tempted to even put these on as daily use as don't like the PO PO, so they are more for shows and photos. As you can see in the pics below the lights still actually shine through the covers, but another coat would make them too dark.

4. Finally installed the Peron ITG Cross Pipe after more than 2 months in the garage. Pretty straight forward install just a little over 2 hours without the blood, sweat and rude words. Removal of the windscreen cowl, headlights, wipers was easy, but trying to loosen the hose clamp from the Turbo which holds the stock pipe, was the biggest fail from Ford. I needed to make a 30cm socket extension rod from 3 different socket sets and end it with a flat screwdriver bit. The problem was the head of the hex bolt on the clamp was facing in a direction that wasn't accessible ie facing the wrong way. So had to position it under the coolant tank and feed through a narrow gap. Took about 20mins. Any who got it off eventually and installed the new cross pipe, with the clamps facing the right way. Took a little re positioning to make everything line up and fit.

Started it up and let it idle for 10mins so it could adjust which it did make the revs go up and down a bit abnormally,but then it settled. Took it for a quick run around the block and noticed more intake noise with a slight whistle. Revs seem more free again.

Will have a few more updates this week, but will be looking into replacement of Brake Discs & Pads through Brakes Direct, Professional Detail with Dr Detail who has offered me a great package for Exterior, Interior, Glass and Wheel protection. The FiSTs exterior is showing its age a bit with some rust spots under the clear coat, just below the rear boot glass, quite a few swirls, holograms, scratches from the neighbors cat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Due to my penchant for any aftermarket piping I get being black I've had my eye on the peron over pipe for a while ...well done!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Decided to upgrade/replace Discs/Pads as was advised by Ford at time of last service and local mechanic that the fronts were on their way out. Was recommended to suss out Brakes Direct in QLD for some options. Great customer service and fast delivery turn around.

Opted on the following with part numbers:

DBA42163S | DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted Brake Rotor
DBA2109S | DBA Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor
0693.00 | Remsa Brake Pads
1514.00 | Remsa Brake Pads
Brake fluid was changed few moths prior.

Still in the beeding in phase but seems promising. Will report back once I get some more kms on them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey fiesta who did you purchase your wheels through?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Few more addtions installed.

1. Go Fast Bits DV+
I decided to sell the Turbosmart Plumb Back which was never fitted, due to some negative feedback from other owners and didnt really want more pshhhhht sounds. After lots of research I decided to go with the GFB DV+. Thanks muchly to the services of Nevermind whom installed it for me with his big tools, i couldnt be happier with the result. No annoying pshhhst noise below 2500rpm, but i nice sucking sound as it gets into the fun zone above 3000rpm. Throttle response in gear changes are a lot more precise and smooth. Love it

2. Denso ITV22 Spark Plugs
My 60000kms service is coming up so thought might as well as i was also contemplating a stage 2 tune, so though it will help. The old spark plugs actually didnt look to bad, but mainly surface rust build up.

3. Collins Performance CP2 Tune
Have been researching Stage 2 tunes for the past few months, as I felt with all the other bits n bobs, the Bluefin Stage 1 was at its peak. Bluefin's Stage 2 wasnt on the cards due to having to purchase the GGR intake for well over $450AUS. After lots of discussing with a few mates running Collins Tunes on XR5's & RS Mk2 & Mk3, I was sold on it straight away. Order to delivery was just under 2 weeks and the process to upload to car was easy and quick with no dramas. I dealt directly with Perth Performance Parts whom are a Collins Authorised Dealer.

How does it go???

ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT

Car feels more free-er to rev all the way to redline which apparently is now at 7000rpm. Seems like everything is working together in harmony and feels like a much more refined car now where as the stage one felt it was holding back. I have noticed a lot more mid range torque in the higher gears from 3rd and a more serious exhaust note with some pops and burbles on overrun.

Whats Next??

60000km service in a few weeks, Find time to install Turbosmart Actuator and throw it on the dyno and see what we come up with. At this point I am very content with how the car is for its driveability and have no intention to look at a turbo upgrade at this stage.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts