Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m getting a knocking noise after driving in mildly to high rpms for an extended duration of time but after letting the car sit the sound goes away. When driving normally the noise never comes up. I’m quite worried about it but cannot figure out what the issue could be from. Engine has 50k miles on it and is completely stock aside from an injen cai and Cobb rmm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m getting a knocking noise after driving in mildly to high rpms for an extended duration of time but after letting the car sit the sound goes away. When driving normally the noise never comes up. I’m quite worried about it but cannot figure out what the issue could be from. Engine has 50k miles on it and is completely stock aside from an injen cai and Cobb rmm.
The best diagnostic tool on this list really - click here you can see what you need
Have you used scanner tool to check the engine?? If no code is issued, the noise may be come from another parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harveyspecter1209

I have and there are not codes. I’ll have to check again because it’s giving signs of engine noise as it gets worse with more rpm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m getting a knocking noise after driving in mildly to high rpms for an extended duration of time but after letting the car sit the sound goes away. When driving normally the noise never comes up. I’m quite worried about it but cannot figure out what the issue could be from. Engine has 50k miles on it and is completely stock aside from an injen cai and Cobb rmm. Visit Autoguysland to find down why check engine light on but no codes in case you need.
Have you solved this problem yet? If not, do you try to check the power steering pump? It will make noise due to low power steering fluid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you solved this problem yet? If not, do you try to check the power steering pump? It will make noise due to low power steering fluid.[/QUOTE]

I thought mk7s had electric power steering

1 - 8 of 8 Posts