Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New: Orders now open see post 73!

Now thanks to dmondi RedlineGoods officially supports the USDM FiST! There is currently a $19 up charge to color match thread. I reached out and they are willing to support a group buy to reduce or eliminate this charge. Obviously the more people we get the lower the cost.

Here is a link and a picture of their work, base price is $49.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Door handle Auto part

Ford Fiesta 2011-13 shift boot - RedlineGoods leather shift boot store

The most cost effective options would be the stock seam with M.O. matched stitching not the x pattern with quadruple stitching shown above.

Anyone interested?

Also keep an eye on dmondi's thread for install and fit n' finish details.

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiest...linegoods-shift-boot-armrest-cover-works.html

· Registered
588 Posts
Can I see it with pictures of the seats included? I am also working with LeatherZ to make an armrest shift cover and some other things. We haven't started on the boot yet, so I may be interested in this one. I just want to see what it looks like with the seats.

· Registered
340 Posts
just ordered one with x pattern and red/ med gray double stich to match my coco mats sisal floor mats. hopfully the douple stich works out, I added it in the comment area as there is no place to order it. I also called and left a message.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I see it with pictures of the seats included? I am also working with LeatherZ to make an armrest shift cover and some other things. We haven't started on the boot yet, so I may be interested in this one. I just want to see what it looks like with the seats.
Sorry as far as I know we're trailblazing so I do not know of any pictures with the M.O. interior. Note, the picture is an example of their work we'd be looking at an exact match for the charcoal / MO Recaros with stock single seam and double thread (quadruple is pictured).

· Registered
230 Posts
just ordered one with x pattern and red/ med gray double stich to match my coco mats sisal floor mats. hopfully the douple stich works out, I added it in the comment area as there is no place to order it. I also called and left a message.
Don't get too crazy with ordering yet, I am waiting to receive a test fit to confirm they will fit the USDM ST model

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

· Registered
57 Posts
That's my boot. It does fit well, but you really have to take the time to reverse engineer the original. I took a few photos along the way, just to keep things (the reverse lockout gate) straight. The leather did fit in without zip-ties, it just took a bit of finesse and finagling. I used CA to hold the leather to the plastic frame where I took out the staples.

Today, I put on the matching armrest. A tip: stretching the leather to fit takes a little bit of time for the padded armrest, and CA (superglue), with a brush on applicator applied in intermittent blobs, holds the leather well and can be pulled off if you need to readjust. Just make sure you don't get any on what will be the exterior.

I used "quadruple" thread, red outside with orange inside, black leather, and it works great with the MO Recaros. The x pattern makes the interior seem larger.

JD

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today's update : Total interest between the two forums so far is 5 people. I'll check how many people it will take to make a decent discount. I have a feeling 8 will be a good number. I know they usually take 30% off for orders of 8 or more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

· Registered
153 Posts
I will take a black with orange stitching. The x stitching is ok, but the stock stitching would be good as well.
thanks, count me in
Ron

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I heard back from Redline and they can waive the color matching cost no problem with just the number of people we have so far so that's $19 off per unit. On here I have possibly DjDevilCloud and Ron Avery. How do you guys feel about this? It should be $49 for matched stitching and charcoal leather with a single seam. Would it be better if to see if we can get more people to bring the price down? I can see if they'd be willing to do 15% off and still waive the color matching fee.

· Registered
588 Posts
Do you have the orange recaros? The stitching on those is a reddish orange and one tone. I am afraid this will clash. Which is why I would like to see a picture with the seats first, otherwise I will have to wait until I can work on the one with Andy from LeatherZ.

Reactions: LVracerGT

· Registered
158 Posts
I'd be interested if the leather was smooth like the factory shift boot, the stitching color matched the seats (I have the orange Recaro's) and the quality is good. I don't wanna spend $50 on something I have to modify to fit correctly. I also second DjDevilCloud on the stitching, if the color is off and clashes I wouldn't want it.

· Registered
230 Posts
I'd be interested if the leather was smooth like the factory shift boot, the stitching color matched the seats (I have the orange Recaro's) and the quality is good. I don't wanna spend $50 on something I have to modify to fit correctly. I also second DjDevilCloud on the stitching, if the color is off and clashes I wouldn't want it.
The Nappa leather should be smooth like the factory boot/seats, and you should be able to order a sample of thread and try to color match. Or, an option i thought of yesterday, if your headrests have orange stitching then send one to redline and have them color match for you.

As to the quality, there are thousands of reviews across other forums to confirm it is top notch. As for fitment, i will let you know today when the mailman gets here :)

Reactions: LVracerGT

· Registered
57 Posts
I used the thinner padding. It's pretty easy to install. I just had to buy a "star" screwdriver to remove the three screws that hold the plastic cover to the armrest, and removed the cover. Then I used superglue on the inside of the cover lip to hold in the front of the leather (The superglue that comes with a brush applicator, and a few dabs/globs of glue, not a solid line. It bonds in a half-minute or so. When reinstalled, the cover also holds the leather in place, so the superglue doesn't have to be bombproof). Then stretched and glued in the back, then the sides, and finally the corners. You don't have to be too fussy about extra leather inside as there is plenty of room when reinstalling. I ended up redoing the sides to tighten the fit, so, if I were to do one again, I'd make sure that the fit was tight the first time. The leather will stretch, esp. with the foam. Took about half an hour. There are two tabs on the front of the plastic cover that fit into slots in the hinged armrest. Just make sure these are inserted and then replace the screws. The cover tightens around the leather adding to the strength of the superglue to hold it in place.

I improvised this procedure, so it may not work for everyone, but I'm happy so far.

· Registered
588 Posts
I think if I was to take the boot it would have to be just the red match stitching, the orange is too light. I am also concerned about the leather pattern. it seems much more ridgy than the original leather ( aka bumps are larger ). I'm really picky about interior modifications, so I think I am going to pass.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.