Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I know this is an issue with these cars and there seems to be a bunch of information on this topic, but it's scattered. How about putting it all in one place?

A) What do we know about which mounts are bad?

B) Is our mount the same as the Focus' inferior-ass mount?

C) Who makes mounts for these cars currently?

Shifting is really harsh 1-2 for me and it feels like there's a lot of wheelhop and the engine generally being rambunctious and galloping about under the hood.

Cheers,
BlueBomber

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey,

I know this is an issue with these cars and there seems to be a bunch of information on this topic, but it's scattered. How about putting it all in one place?

A) What do we know about which mounts are bad?

B) Is our mount the same as the Focus' inferior-ass mount?

C) Who makes mounts for these cars currently?

Shifting is really harsh 1-2 for me and it feels like there's a lot of wheelhop and the engine generally being rambunctious and galloping about under the hood.

Cheers,
BlueBomber
Not trying to sound like a douche here, it felt bad going from 1-2 for me until i started letting the clutch out slower. (if you are already doing that then disregard my comment) I am new to driving a stick and this is my first ever stick car but I asked my dad about it and thats the advice he gave me and so far I feel it has helped.

Also about the mounts, I would love to see someone making poly mounts all around. I come from the 1st gen neon where it had extreme wheel hop with stock mounts and it was a must to change them to poly.

Reactions: scooby2

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah same story here. After I got used to the clutch catch point. It's only jerky 1-2 if I don't match the catch point with enough throttle or whatever error I can make

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh snap, I'm a powerflex distributor. I'll have to look into those.

I was sure the fiesta suffered from the same issue as the Focus ST did, but am not sure if the rear motor mount is identical to the focus/mazdaspeed3 unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts