Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on this forum ride? I wanted to start a thread to discuss bikes... riding, maintenance, your bikes, your roads, questions, gripes, etc.

You don't have to be a motorcycle rider to participate in this thread. Have a question about bikes? Ask away! How do they shift, how to they handle, any curiosities you've had - ask us!

I just upgraded from a CBR600 F2 to a CBR954RR.... holy hell, what a bike. The power is unreal. I picked it up as a bit of a project... needs some love (coolant leak, chain, fuel pressure regulator), but I got it for a steal.

Also in my driveway (well, parking spots): Buell Blast (super fun little bike, great first bike), my old CBR600F2, and my girlfriends CBR600F4i.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fellow rider here. Nice rides, Honda makes killer bikes and the 954 is one of the best. I currently ride a 1987 Honda VFR700 Interceptor and a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R. Although my bikes have gotten less attention for the last week since I got my ST. uploadfromtaptalk1396550487384.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been riding for about 6 years. Started on a Hyosung 250R, then moved to my current Kawasaki ER-6n.

Attachments

Reactions: Jae_Rex

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh hi! :)

Current 2 wheel garage: Honda CBR1000RR, Husky SM610 Sumo, Aprilia RSV Tuono

Had tons of dirt or road bikes before, but my #1 passion is riding!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to me like quite a few of you ride, that's pretty great!

I've been riding for not quite a year yet, but nearly... it's really the only way to navigate traffic in Southern California. Now I feel like I can't move, because I'm so used to just zipping between cars (at a reasonable speed).

I'm sure winter has been killing some of you... riding year round is one of the few things that make this state tolerable lol.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Seems to me like quite a few of you ride, that's pretty great!

I've been riding for not quite a year yet, but nearly... it's really the only way to navigate traffic in Southern California. Now I feel like I can't move, because I'm so used to just zipping between cars (at a reasonable speed).

I'm sure winter has been killing some of you... riding year round is one of the few things that make this state tolerable lol.
I am jelly of So Cal people for one reason....mulholland drive and the snake :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never been there... I need to at some point, but not with the new bike yet... Palomar Mountain is my local road to tear up, I love it. Need to get acclimated to the new bike before trying those out.

You're not far from ToD though... Skyline Drive is nice for a local fun road. I used to live in NC near the VA border, ~5 hours from ToD, and then I lived in PA but would still drive down to the Dragon some weekends. I miss the east coast for that.

Reactions: PartyBart

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wish I could still ride.

After I got hit two years ago I haven't been able to - the stainless steel plate holding my hips together resonates harmonically with the motor
it's not fun >_<

and i was wearing armor when i got hit. if you do ride, armor up, please. #ATGATT - all the gear all the time
#nosquidding

·
Registered
488 Posts
Never been there... I need to at some point, but not with the new bike yet... Palomar Mountain is my local road to tear up, I love it. Need to get acclimated to the new bike before trying those out.

You're not far from ToD though... Skyline Drive is nice for a local fun road. I used to live in NC near the VA border, ~5 hours from ToD, and then I lived in PA but would still drive down to the Dragon some weekends. I miss the east coast for that.
I avoid the dragon, it tends to attract idiots, squids, cops, tractor trailers lol. My usual fun route is to hope over to VA/VWa border on 33 :) or mostly just track days or putting around town on the Sumo and leave the sports bikes at home.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wish I could still ride.

After I got hit two years ago I haven't been able to - the stainless steel plate holding my hips together resonates harmonically with the motor
it's not fun >_<

and i was wearing armor when i got hit. if you do ride, armor up, please. #ATGATT - all the gear all the time
#nosquidding
Damn man, sorry to hear you got hit. I absolutely agree with you 150%, gear up quality stuff all the time every time. $1000 in gear is nothing compared to an emergency room bill lol.

I pretty much stopped street riding due to that amount of stupid /hurt /death I have seen, at least around the DC/VA/MD area :(

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup... always helmet/jacket/gloves for me - typically boots, but sometimes not if I'm just commuting (7 mi non-highway). And my helmet is bright ass day-glo green - I get a lot of comments on it. I figure it's the tallest point, gonna be the most visible there.

I do want to get a full leather suit for fun runs.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yup... always helmet/jacket/gloves for me - typically boots, but sometimes not if I'm just commuting (7 mi non-highway). And my helmet is bright ass day-glo green - I get a lot of comments on it. I figure it's the tallest point, gonna be the most visible there.

I do want to get a full leather suit for fun runs.

Leathers help a lot. I was wearing mine on an ACH run, I pulled off onto a sideroad to have a break/pitstop, and pulling back up to the T intersection to get back onto ACH, I didn't realize how loose the road surface was and ate it, broke off my lower footpegs on the Buell. I rode home 40+ miles with no main footpegs lol
rode home superman style with my foot on the rear pegs

If I'd been wearing better back and kidney protection the day of my accident I might still have 100% of a LH kidney instead of just 40%. btw... hospital bills for 11 days in and 4 surgeries was around half a million dollars. Never been so glad to have health insurance. the one thing nobody makes is forward pelvic protection

my injury was an open book type pelvic fracture, plus RH acetabular fracture (hip ball-joint socket) and LH/RH rear secral fractures (broken on either side of spine)
my poor balls were the size of a big grapefruit for over a week
I'm assuming they still work, won't know til I try having kids.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wowza, that's a reeeally rough crash.

Side note, you can have your sperm tested, its like $300 or so (not covered by insurance). One of mine swelled up like a lemon, turned out to be cancer, had it taken out - I'm quite the testicle expert! But that's its own thread :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just purchased my first bike a few months a go! Just got it running last week lol 90 Kawasaki gpx 750r I love these older bikes! It's a work in progress I'm actually looking for propper plastics for it if anyone knows of any! Haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just purchased my first bike a few months a go! Just got it running last week lol 90 Kawasaki gpx 750r I love these older bikes! It's a work in progress I'm actually looking for propper plastics for it if anyone knows of any! Haha
Pics! I love the 80's and early 90's bikes. I'll never sell my VFR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 2010 Ninja 250 and a 73 CB500. Unfortunately the CB has been disassembled in my basement for two or three years now. I am hoping to get it all back together this summer. I was going to buy a Triumph Street Triple this summer, but decided that I wanted to buy a car instead.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a 650CBRR that is gonna be my DD this summer, gotta keep those miles off my ST so it's worth something in ten years!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: DanDiggzFiST
1 - 20 of 131 Posts