Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm considering a Mountune 215 kit, however to have it supplied and fitted at the dealer is too expensive. Mountune sells the kit for considerably cheaper on their website. Has anyone purchased theirs online through Mountune's site and had the dealer install it for them? Is there anywhere in Perth aside from Ford dealerships who have experience fitting it? I can install the kit myself but I would feel more comfortable having someone who's experienced with it performing the job.

·
Registered
131 Posts
IF you do it, your factory warranty is VOID.... It must be performed by a(n ASE) certified mechanic, or a Ford Dealership (or Ford Racing Dealer). You can buy it from mountune, and take it to any (certified) shop. If the warranty isn't important, perhaps the COBB unit would be the way to go for you... more maps, and you can reset it to factory specs.. ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ford told stated to me the Mountune MP215 has to be purchased through Ford Australia and installed by Ford or a certified mechanic. An imported mountune will apparently not be covered but that was stated by one Ford service person only, I would ask more to confirm.

*In response to the post above ...the factory warranty will NOT be void! ...certain parts or problems that may arise, stemming from the tune will not be covered.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me. The extra price premium having to buy through Ford Aus is your "warranty".

Oh, and COBB units do not work on Euro/Aus models.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm considering a Mountune 215 kit, however to have it supplied and fitted at the dealer is too expensive. Mountune sells the kit for considerably cheaper on their website. Has anyone purchased theirs online through Mountune's site and had the dealer install it for them? Is there anywhere in Perth aside from Ford dealerships who have experience fitting it? I can install the kit myself but I would feel more comfortable having someone who's experienced with it performing the job.
It's extremely easy to do. took me half an hour in my work garage to do it. It really is just replacing the lower airbox, and plugging the mTune handset in. If you're going to import the mp215 here from the UK anyway, I'd do it myself. Also the instructions that come with it are pretty good. Save you some ridiculous labor costs (have heard dealerships are quoting up to 2hrs to install).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also asked Ford if I could purchase the kit form the UK and have them install it, they said "no".
So I just purchased the kit from the UK for half the price and installed it myself, super easy to do.
If Ford asks, it was installed by a VACC accredited mechanic ;) . If they do try to raise a fuss, I'm
sure the ACCC would be interested why an official kit, that is shipped with Australian parameters,
would have any effect on warranty... Would be like getting my mechanic to replace any other part of
the car with genuine parts and having Ford deny a warranty claim.... Could be wrong though...

PS.
DHL charged me an additional $300AUD for customs charges when my kit reached Australia, just be aware of that!

·
Registered
385 Posts
bought my mtune from mountune uk, and the mountune intake from a retailer in the US. worked out cheaper than buying the whole kit from mountune uk (inc postage). and no customs charges. Literally is VERY easy to install. Did the intake in my work car park on my dinner break, and the mTune takes less than 5 minutes to flash.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting, ive not long received a call from Ford Australia head office to get clarification about vehicle warranty in regards to the MP215 install. They stated to me that "if" I did purchase & fit the Mountune through a ford dealer here, any problems that did arise would not be covered what so ever.
So I said based on that, the outcome in terms of warranty coverage would be the same as if I imported from mountune UK themselves ...and the answer was CORRECT.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know it does not sound logical at all and it also contradicts what dealers say but I'm only repeating what the person from head office told me. I should have asked for that in writing but yeah once again it doesn't sound logical what so ever to not warranty any problems that might arise from being installed even though over seas fords do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts