Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed it? Worth it? Do I need to remove it when I take it in for the routine service?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Some say short shifters can effect the syncros but I have never seen that as an issue in any car I have had one in or that I know have had one in. Also I wouldn't worry about it when you take it in for service if you do to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Once this is installed ,I don't see how you can return it to stock without pressing the factory shifter ball back into the shifter arm on the transmission. I have never had any issues with short shifters on any of my past cars Provided it is a quality unit and not some fleaBay option... had a few of them I wont ever do again,.... Here you can find the B6 Gearbox (MK7 Fiesta ST MK3 Focus) install guide (about the 5th one down) where you remove the stock shifter arm Pin as they call it in Step 5

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Would it not void my warranty?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Being that I work at a dealership (not ford) I can tell you it will not void the warranty and it could only be an issue if it is the cause of some soft of transmission failure, but they would have to prove it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I never liked short shifters. I don't see how the stock shifter on the Fiesta needs any work at all.. then again, I thought the Corrado cable shifter was just fine...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I think it shifts fine as well, I just think the throws are a little long.
Exactly to me the short shifter DID NOT change the way the car shifts it only changed the throw of the shifter which I found just a tad too long causing my elbow to find the edge of the armrest once or twice till I learned how to avoid that but didn't like that elbow in the air motion either... Best if you are on the edge about this is to find someone who has it installed and see if you can try it out for size though with how few of these cars are out there right now that might be a lil hard to do... All I can say is for Me it works :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Exactly to me the short shifter DID NOT change the way the car shifts it only changed the throw of the shifter which I found just a tad too long causing my elbow to find the edge of the armrest once or twice till I learned how to avoid that but didn't like that elbow in the air motion either... Best if you are on the edge about this is to find someone who has it installed and see if you can try it out for size though with how few of these cars are out there right now that might be a lil hard to do... All I can say is for Me it works :)
So it did shorten the shifts then correct or are they still too long of a throw? Your wording makes it sound like it did and didn't at the same time :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi guys, I fitted a Mountune short shift kit to my Fiesta St a couple of days ago. I like the feel of the new shift action, it not only shortens the gear lever throw but it increases the resistance too. It decreases the leverage between the gear lever and the input linkage on the transmission. I fitted it to get the shorter gear lever throw, not to try and shift faster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts