Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking going over to a mustang because:

A) I've always wanted a muscle car.

B) I'm moving close if not back to Illinois before my wife and I have kids (all potential grandparents are there).

C) No way I'll be able to get a coupe after I have kids. Where the FiST is a car I could come back to.

I drove the FiST back to my home town a couple weeks back and all I could think about was how boring the roads are and how the FiST seemed way out of its element.

I've seen the comparison videos from the smoking tire and everyday driver and I can see why the FiST could be more fun then an EB.....in California with beautiful curvy roads.

My hope would be to give the FiST to my wife and get a mustang. I'd hate to let it go completely because it's so good at what it does. She loves the car but isn't sure if she wants to dd a manual. So that's all up in the air.

The other thing is I'm only stage 1 w/ intake and cat back. (I know I did it the wrong way around because I wanted more noise). Should I go stage 3 to get another 30ft/lbs and hope that helps or just admit the FiST is a canyon carver?

So I'm thinking an EB or gt might be what I need. I say either or because I like both and could do a optioned up EB or a base gt. I know most people here would prefer the eb.

Reasoning for the GT:

1) I'm happy with the power stock. Not saying I wouldn't mod it but stock its pretty awesome which is not how I felt test driving the EB.

2) Sound, ya it shouldn't matter but I was raised around muscle and the sound has a lot of memories and good vibes.

3) N/A power delivery and simplicity.

4) More of a blank canvas. I really don't want to deal w/ swapping rear gears. So I'd have to get the PP EB. So I would have paid for wheels and springs that I'd swap anyway.

My idea with the base GT would be to order it with 3.55's, pick the handling parts I want and go for a square 19x9 set up.

What do you guys think stage 3, GT or EB?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Get a Mustang GT. I had a 2011 GT and it was my biggest regret getting rid of it. You just have so much fun with a big V8, over 400HP and an open road. If there was twisty back roads then yes, get the fiesta. But if its more open just get the GT you won't regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts