Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I get 6.5 KW, times that by 1.34 to get HP. 8.7 HP @ the wheels and 14 lb/ft torque. Good torque and HP gains, any reason the pull starts at 2500rpm?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I get 6.5 KW, times that by 1.34 to get HP. 8.7 HP @ the wheels and 14 lb/ft torque. Good torque and HP gains, any reason the pull starts at 2500rpm?
Yes, I'd like to know too because my car makes peak torque well below that rpm (even with stock tune).

·
Registered
212 Posts
For what an exhaust costs the definite bang for the buck is a filter and tune. $500 vs. about $1200 for an intake and downpipe back exhaust. I still can't figure out why these exhausts cost so much. It would have been good to run the intake alone to see how much of the 13hp is intake vs. exhaust.

·
Registered
923 Posts
For what an exhaust costs the definite bang for the buck is a filter and tune. $500 vs. about $1200 for an intake and downpipe back exhaust. I still can't figure out why these exhausts cost so much. It would have been good to run the intake alone to see how much of the 13hp is intake vs. exhaust.
Mandrel bends (good ones) with no welds is always going to be expensive, especially as pipe diameter increases. Throw in stainless steel and a quality muffler/tips and the retail price just goes up. A panel filter shows no real gains and a "stock" tune is 2 hp to 10 hp and 30-40 pft of torque (which torque is always nice of course). A downpipe exhaust system and intake is not going to show the big gains until you can tune for it. This is especially true for this vehicle as the ecu has "torque targets" that once those targets are met or exceeded, the ecu starts turning the wick down (boost, timing advance or both) to stay at that prescribed "target". Once we are able to get better maps for the AP, we will start to see some bigger #s for all these bolt-ons.

Reactions: GhostWhite

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We could have used mild steel I suppose, and it would have cost a 3rd. Rather , we used 304 Aircraft quality stainless steel, the mandrel bends, custom made boxes. My exhaust came to $745.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Very nice.....damn cheap for such impressive work! Wish we could get that here!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, stil has stock map and stock inter cooler. Gains with a custom map will be a lot more. Starting to fiddle with the intercooler this weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts