Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Neat track lay out lots of turn backs... looked like FUN

· Registered
158 Posts
I had my first AutoX with my FiST this weekend too! I don't have any on board video (no go pro :() but my friend took some video of me on a few of my runs. I'll see if I can't find a way to get them off Google+ and share them.

I agree on the brakes, I almost thought they were too strong for the course layout. How did you place? I got 5th overall out of 88 cars, 15th in raw times.

· Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This autoX is a BMWCCA event, it is way more laid back than an SCCA or NASA event. There are only 2 classes: street tire and race tire.

We had 7 cars and 9 drivers. I had the 3rd fastest time of the day @ 1'16.2, the fastest time was an NSX @ 1'13.8

· Registered
158 Posts
Ah, yeah. This was an SCCA Iowa Regional event. There's another FiST that beat me, but he's been doing AutoX for more than 8 years and he's had 6 events in his so he was much more familiar with the car and it's limits. I figured only being 6 tenths off him was pretty good for my first time out. Here's the results if anyone is interested what other cars we beat, it's pretty impressive :)

Pax Time Results

Final Raw Time Results

I'm Barrett Rolph. 5th in Pax and 15th in Raw

· Registered
71 Posts
I did my first AutoX too. Unfortunately, I got stuck with all-season tires. I did pretty well considering
I beat a supercharged BRZ, a 370z, a Mustang Cobra, and a couple WRXs. I also lost to a 97 Outback Sport, a Mazda 3, and almost a Scion XB.

If I had the stock tires I would've done much better. I'm trying to scrounge up a replacement wheel without spending a ton of $$$ so I can do better in August.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.