Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't like the wiper after-wipe feature that waits a few seconds after the windshield is sprayed then swipes the wipers one last time... all is does is streak salt all over the window and is very annoying. I'm going to make it my mission to disable this "feature"..

ok, rant over!

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can turn that off, the feature is called curtesy wipe. In one of the menus on the nav screen there is a setting to turn it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can turn that off, the feature is called curtesy wipe. In one of the menus on the nav screen there is a setting to turn it off

Can you be more specific? What is the exact location in the menu? I haven't seen this in my (limited) time surfing through the FiSTs system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry I lied, thought I saw it somewhere. Maybe I got confused as our F150 has this feature.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It is actually a good feature. The issue is that your wipers are dirty. I always grab a rag and shoot some window cleaner on it and wipe the blades every few days in the winter and it keeps them working like new.

Before I started doing that, wipers would last me a year...MAYBE! Since I started, they work like new and are over 2 years old now and were just the $7 Wal Mart jobs.

Reactions: LVracerGT

·
Registered
158 Posts
My issue with the wipers is it seems that after every wipe I get spray when the wipers are coming back down that goes across the entire windshield. But hey, if that's the only thing I can complain about I'm a happy camper! Well, that and not having a belly pan / skid plate. Still, minor annoyances.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My issue with the wipers is it seems that after every wipe I get spray when the wipers are coming back down that goes across the entire windshield. But hey, if that's the only thing I can complain about I'm a happy camper! Well, that and not having a belly pan / skid plate. Still, minor annoyances.
I experienced that also but remedied the situation by lightly tapping the wash button before the final wipe. It puts a little spray on the windshield and cleans it up everything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is actually a good feature. The issue is that your wipers are dirty. I always grab a rag and shoot some window cleaner on it and wipe the blades every few days in the winter and it keeps them working like new.
I was pretty sure that the whole idea of the washer/wiper system was to be able to clean your window without getting out of the car! but yeah, that's what it is, the blades get covered in salt after 10 minutes on the NJ turnpike, and I really don't want to pull over and wipe them clean..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts