Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm on those like white on rice... as soon as Christmas is over. lol. I think I will go with dark grey though and have 1/2" width added so I can run a 215/40-17 tire. Looks great though! :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Also, what is your suspension set-up? Looks like it is lower than stock.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Lol stock suspension...its the 45 series that makes it look that way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Wow, not much gap. Looks really nice. You do know your speedo is off by 2 mph, right? ;) At least it isn't adding 2 miles to your odometer at 60 mph (or more depending on speed).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Uhhh, private message sent. :p

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a sacrifice i needed to make for the crappy nyc streets. Thats a small percentage for me to notice anyway.
Gap? Thats huge and to much wheel gap for my standards lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
and they have pilot super sports in 205-45-17. overall diameter is 24.3 vs 23.5 stock, rotations per mile 831 vs 860 stock. not too much off. at 60mph u would be going 62.1

·
Registered
923 Posts
It was a sacrifice i needed to make for the crappy nyc streets. Thats a small percentage for me to notice anyway.
Gap? Thats huge and to much wheel gap for my standards lol

I can stick THREE fingers between the tire and the wheel well on my car. Yours fills the wheel wells nicely and looks worlds better than my SUV looking ST! LOL :eek:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can stick THREE fingers between the tire and the wheel well on my car. Yours fills the wheel wells nicely and looks worlds better than my SUV looking ST! LOL :eek:
And here i was thinking mine looked like a CRV with the tall sidewalls and wheel gap lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
and they have pilot super sports in 205-45-17. overall diameter is 24.3 vs 23.5 stock, rotations per mile 831 vs 860 stock. not too much off. at 60mph u would be going 62.1
I'm going with 215/40-17s on a 17x7.5 wheel. I've always preferred a slight stretched sidewall look for street use v.s. a bulgy sidewall. Some tires of the "same" size but different brand are actually much different width once mounted. I went through that with my MS3. Some 225/40-18s had a more stretched look on an 8" wide wheel while others looked more flush or even a tad bulgy looking. Just depends on the brand.

·
Registered
923 Posts
And here i was thinking mine looked like a CRV with the tall sidewalls and wheel gap lol

No way man... go look at my profile picture and then look at your car. LOL. These stock tires look like rim protectors. hahaha

·
Registered
923 Posts
sparco tarmac in gunmetal look good, 140 a piece at tire rack. they have some OZ's but they are 270 each...
Yeah, I wanted the black O.Z. Ulteggeras but can't justify the price difference between them and the Sparcos. Either way, I need a set of 17x7.5s and 42 offset. I can get the 17x7s widened locally for around $100.00 a piece. I don't think a 205 width tire is going to be enough when I am done modding this car. heh ;) The 205s to me make the car feel a bit "darty" at higher speeds.

·
Registered
923 Posts

I'd be perfectly happy with the stock ride height with YOUR gap opposed to mine. ~grins~ Looks like your tires fill the gap about half an inch... I seriously DO NOT want to lower my car, but wheel gap is annoying as hell... :p

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also With these wheels you have about 2 inches of gap between the wheel and caliper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts