Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night about 10 I went to mcdonalds. On way home ran into a murdered out lowered FRS that appeared to have a exhaust. Not sure if any other mods. We got a red light together and he got me off the start until boost quicked in then I had him by a car up to about 80 then we lifted. Wasn't as impressed as I thought with my cobb v3 fswerks intake and exhaust. I also had a full tank. Maybe he had more done to his then just exhaust idk. Just wasn't as impressive as I like. Anyone one else got a chance to do a little race. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: mongoose221

·
Registered
15 Posts
Last night about 10 I went to mcdonalds. On way home ran into a murdered out lowered FRS that appeared to have a exhaust. Not sure if any other mods. We got a red light together and he got me off the start until boost quicked in then I had him by a car up to about 80 then we lifted. Wasn't as impressed as I thought with my cobb v3 fswerks intake and exhaust. I also had a full tank. Maybe he had more done to his then just exhaust idk. Just wasn't as impressive as I like. Anyone one else got a chance to do a little race. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be impressed/satisfied with that result. IMHO these are both track cars. Their biggest advantages are their handling and you would have way more fun on a curvy road/track.

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be upset with that result. Even with those mods you aren't putting a ton of power down, it's mostly torque.

Obviously street racing isn't condoned here and it should be taken to the track, though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
the tale is riveting! :cool:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think i'm glad with purchasing a fiST over an fr-s the deciding factor was financing. like the fellow from "the smoking tire" (st vs. bmw m3) said it's not the 0-60 that gets you in this car its the 3rd gear roll on. which the stock 0-60 shows at 6.9sec vs fr-s at 6.6 . I would forsure like to see my 0-60 reach at least 5.7 sec in the future whatever mods that entails.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool story, brah???

Seriously tho street racing is silly and not a good measure of cars like the FR-S or the FiST. If you buy either of those cars for straight line performance then you bought the wrong car. But it's all good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool story, brah???

Seriously tho street racing is silly and not a good measure of cars like the FR-S or the FiST. If you buy either of those cars for straight line performance then you bought the wrong car. But it's all good.
Agreed on all points, particularly the last part. There's that saying that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow...the ST is by no means a slow car, but it's not a drag racing machine. The beauty of it is that it's a complete package - you would be able to leave behind more expensive cars in the twists and turns.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Agreed on all points, particularly the last part. There's that saying that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow...the ST is by no means a slow car, but it's not a drag racing machine. The beauty of it is that it's a complete package - you would be able to leave behind more expensive cars in the twists and turns.
Yes you can porsche cayman s couldn't keep up on the twisties. Also Audi s4,merc c63, jcw mini cooper s and the list goes on. On the twisties this thing feels just as planted as my lancer evo 3

1 - 20 of 36 Posts