Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody has access, link, or way of getting the shop manual for changing the transmission fluid, that would be awesome! I just hit 3000 miles and I would like to get the break-in crap out and fresh fluid in.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
This is from the manual only 2 plugs and then drain and refill the fluid...

Joint Rim Auto part Anime

Torque : 40 Nm

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part

Clip art

Material : Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid / XT-11-QDC (WSS-M2C200-D2)
Automotive exhaust Auto part Line Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

NOTE: Remove enough fluid to be 1 in ( 20 mm) below fill hole.

Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid XT-11-QDC - WSS-M2C200-D2 - 1.67 (Dry fill)

My idea would be to measure out 1.7 Litres and call it good as there will be some line loss if you are using a pump or if using a funnel and line from the top be closer to 1.67.. I don't think that .03 of a liters will be a deal breaker..

Reactions: XR650R and Jaytech

· Registered
36 Posts
Anyone in the US able to find the ever-elusive XT-11-QDC with the WSS-M2C200-D2 spec instead of WSD-M2C200-D2? fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com makes believe that the WSD spec doesn't even exist.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
I have not been able to find WSD and infact ordered the fluid from for using my vin to make sure the parts was right they shipped the WSD fluid so it is going in and if I have a different feel I may try Royal Purple Syncromax as it is the only other oil i can find that says it is up to the task.. at least here in the States

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Why on earth would ford make it so you have to drain fluid after you fill it?

Most other cars you fill until the fill hole weeps!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I know right it like super silly...

· Registered
81 Posts
while it *is* stupid, it's really not hard to drain the old fluid into a large pyrex, measure it, and pour the same amount back in. That's what i did. Considering that its "lifetime fluid" (yeah right...) at least the maintenance interval isn't often enough to make it a real pain.

· Registered
63 Posts
So on a windy backroad drive my trans started whining really bad in every gear today.
Is it possible a fluid change will help or is the trans toast?
It should be under (extended) warranty anyway so it's not a big deal, I just don't want to pay the $100 service fee for them to tell me I should change the fluid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.