Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first thing I did when I got to work was run inside, grab my only windows computer I have (work laptop) and uninstall AP and update firmware, grab new maps and re install AP. I idled for 4 minutes and turned the car off. I went to lunch and took the fiesta for a spin and had my friend in the car. He noticed more power in 2,3,4 but 1st gear is down in power. Is anyone else experiencing this. I'm thinking it was expected?

Looking for feedback regarding the new tune, or perhaps input from Braden or Ian.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey collin, there was a firmware update for my AP. I read when you do firmware updates you should uninstall, update, then install. I can change maps but for firmware I thought we were supposed to remove AP completely.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey collin, there was a firmware update for my AP. I read when you do firmware updates you should uninstall, update, then install. I can change maps but for firmware I thought we were supposed to remove AP completely.
You will have to update the AP to be able to use the most recent maps, you dont have to unistall it from the car in order to do that though. Once the AP is updated, and the new map is on it, you just plug it in to your car, and it overwrites the old map with the new.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
946 Posts
So stupid question, and I haven't even looked into it yet, but how do you upload new maps etc? Just go to COBB'S site and plug in the Ethernet cable? Figured the AP would come with a disk or something, but it didnt when I got it yesterday.

·
Registered
488 Posts
So stupid question, and I haven't even looked into it yet, but how do you upload new maps etc? Just go to COBB'S site and plug in the Ethernet cable? Figured the AP would come with a disk or something, but it didnt when I got it yesterday.
Go to COBB site, download the desired map to your PC (preferably to your desktop or something).

Plug USB from PC into COBB AP, launch your AP manager if it hasn't launch by it-self already.

Import the desired map from your PC to the AP, make sure you also download whatever the latest firmware for the AP too.

After that is all done, plug the AP back into the OBD port, push the start button to turn on accessories.

On the AP go to load tunes, click the desired map, then flash the car (takes 5-10 mins), do not power off or disconnect AP or car.

Enjoy

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sounds like the decreased the torque demand in 1st to make it a more useable. Know a few guys were complaining of too much wheel spin in 1st.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My goddamn computer will not let me open a PTM file!! Bout to throw this thing lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
oh you cant move them over to your ap. just unplug your ap, reboot your puter, let it start up and plug the ap in and let it detect and launch access port manager.

·
Registered
946 Posts
No it just wont recognize the AP. Keeps saying device driver software was not successfully installed.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Vendor
418 Posts

·
Vendor
418 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yup and even then there are no real good notes as to what was changed like it shows in the AP
Do they not do compare in atr yet? I never knew what i was missing till i opened hptuners and was like, WOW BEST THING EVAR!

I recall before i started down the tuning rabbit hole on the STi, I spent an hour going over every table in atr and writing down what tables got changed. Once I realised there were less than 10 tables modified, it made it a bunch easier to start under standing what efi tuning was and how to do it. It is a slippery slope though. :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts