Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Name is Tom 29 years old.married with 2 boys. From Toledo oh

This forum has been a great source of information and convinced me this is what I want.

As much as it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about replacing my current car, 1993 Toyota Celica GT convertible. It might be time to break up, had her for just over 9 years and this winter has taking its toll on my girl. Rear suspension collapsed ( planning on coilovers this spring unless I sell it or trade her in) gas rank now leaks, need a new top badly amongst a few little things that need attention. Fixing her doesn't bother me as I truly don't want to part with her but it might be for the best.

Wife and I just had our second baby boy in December. Also have a 2 year old. It sucks because there's not really a back seat in the vert for the boys to ride in "daddy's cool car" as my 2 yr old says. We also have a mini van ( 05 grand caravan), but I want to be able to take the boys in my car not the van ev every time we go somewhere. Hell my wife won't even get in my car anymore lol

That leads me to the fiestaST. It has the room for all 4 of us and is still a fun little car for when dad is alone lol love the styling and the recaro seats are amazing. I love boost I've been with out since my old Honda which I swaped and boosted....then wrecked. Never purchased a brand new car, but I think this car might be the ticket to filling all my need in a car.

I could use the potential down payment money to fix up and mod the celica more but I still would be with out my boy's for the ride. Well that's me I hope to join you with a ST in performance blue with sunroof and recaros, possibly nav also but that's not a necessity. If you want to know more about me just ask. I'll leave you with a pic of my celica.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Get and you won't regret it! Just having a reliable car and not having to worry about things like a suspension collapse will let you enjoy driving more and really be able to have fun with fam :)

Reactions: twendt

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome and great color choice ;)
The 4 door with lil one will be great thought the FiST is a tight fit with car seats it can be done and they don't stay small for ever.. You will love the ST if you get a chance test drive on or even a normal feista to gauge the size of the car for your needs.. Maybe even if you could find a 1 ltr ecoboost to try and report back LOL
Good luck and happy shopping :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yes it's a tiny car but it can't be much smaller feeling than my vert. Reliability is a must as is the fun factor, gas mileage is a plus also (I'm averaging about 18 - 20 mpg with the celica currently due to it being difficult about a mis fire and the gas tank leak) but in the end I could care less about gas mileage lol. I've driven a regular fiesta when I worked at a local tire shop but that was just pulling it around the shop and into my bay.

This is true about them not staying young forever. Just in the past 2 months they've both grown.

Color choice, that's me not wanting a red car anymore(I've had 3 red) and my wife nixed the molten orange ( my personal first choice) but the blue is a phenomenal color so I'll be happy with it.

After market support is promising for the lil go cart it seems. It's like pulling teeth finding parts made for the celica, most of it I've adapted from other cars to work. Can't wait to be able to mod something with out testing parts from various cars first lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think I've seen but one post that's negative regarding the overall ownership experience of these cars, at least in the fun factor area.
Seems like everyone loves their Fiesta ST, and fall more for it with every passing mile. I did the same thing, poring over the forums prior to getting mine, and couldn't be happier that I made the right decision getting mine. I find any reason I can to get behind the wheel! My wife says she needs to go to the store, and wham-o! I'm ready to go. I haven't felt this way about driving to the store since before we got married. But then again, she was driving a 2006 Mustang GT, and I was in a 2006 Mini Cooper S, then a 2007 Subaru WRX STi. This little Ford brings back those smiles, and then some! Just like FocusedIntntions said "Get and you wont regret it!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Parted ways with my Miata after 21 yrs. ran great, but lost interest and it was getting harder to get in and out. Consider the Scion or Suburu, but that was too Miata like. Saw the green Fist at the SD auto show and said no way until I got in and sat in the Recaro seats. Perfect sitting/driving position and I always enjoyed small 4dr cars, sorta like a stealth car. Just trying to decide color and if I want the NAV and sunroof, but the Recaro for sure!
Sometimes it's just time to move on instead of hanging on just for the sake of hanging on....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it's been a while, but I think I've found my ST should know more with in the coming weeks.....haven't test drove it yet or one period, because I know once I drive it I'll want it more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The FiST is a sure bet Tom, you won't be disappointed, I'm 47,married with a 15yr daughter & it's most fun *cough* "family" car you can have atm on four wheels... :)
The things a Tardis inside as well, much more roomy then I first expected, and the Recaros, what can I say? The Recaros are friggin superb!! Even with my 6'5"/215lb frame.
Btw: are you getting the Recaros Tom??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

2014 with 5441 miles asking $21359 I think. Gonna try and haggle em a bit if I can

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I drove it. It was amazing. Hopefully finance can work their magic and I can take it home.

Also found out I get a discount on new vehicles through my work so maybe I should go look at brand new ones too and see what I can get cheaper, they might also have more ways to play with financial than the used Lincoln dealership I'm dealing with now......

Price is $21871. too much for a fully loaded -Rado wheels and the painted calipers fist?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd say that is too high. I priced fully loaded 2014s at $18,998 with less than 10k and walked away. They had a blue and black on the lot. Both were "Ford Exec" cars from Michigan. I ended up ordering new. These cars have a tendency to get driven hard....especially if the person knew they wouldn't be keeping them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I walked away. They wouldn't budge on price at all. The payment I was approved for was outrageous also

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well it's 2016! and I've now decided that with some of the money I will get from the accident I was involved in back in September, that I am going to order a brand new fiST.<br />
<br />
my good friend from work and I went out for a short drive after work in his audi S4 because I had never been in one, and he had just tuNed it again. about 10min into the drive coming out of a set of s curves the rear end unloaded and we slid into a utility pole. I was the passenger obviously.<br />
<br />
Spent a week in the hospital and 2 months of of work, with a broken collarbone, broken shoulderblade, and 3 maybe 4 broken ribs all on my right side. imo lucky to be alive, both of us. now I'm fighting the insurancecompany to get my settlement<br />
<br />
here's the car <br />
<br />
<br />
and my seat, I was still buckled into the seat sitting behind the shifter<br />

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got my base ST through the COSTCO rep at the dealer. No Recaros or GPS, didn't need either especially for $2,700 more! Drove from LA to Utah for the track day and the stock seats are fine. I'm 6'2", 225 and 67 years old. Never had a problem. Got my silver ST for under $20,000 new! Shop around. Best fun car I've ever had!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts